A thankful day

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.
It has been a trying time for a lot of people I know. I would love if you share the things you are thankful for.

Today I am very thankful to wake up to two of the best gifts ever

A drawing my daughter made for me last night after work for this special day.

Bird of Paradise flowers in the backyard, after all the draught and fires

18 Likes

same to you and your family. i saw one of those birds here last week feeding on chicken scratch. they are rare here. she did a great job.

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Your daughter is quite talented. What a beautiful sweet gift!

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving! :+1:

4 Likes

@moose71 and @nwlady @Luisport

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
It was funny. Yesterday when she texted me from work and asked what animals I like, I thought she was thinking about getting another pet. I didn’t say anything specific so she thought a bird would be nice. She bought the frame after work too.

4 Likes

My family is so thankful for what we have and for the heath our family has had in this trying time.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here.
Such a wonderful gift your daughter gave you. She looks like she is a great artist.

3 Likes

Thank you. She loves to draw since she was little. It is just a little sad that there will be only the three of us for dinner tonight, but I am very thankful that everyone in my big family is fine.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family

2 Likes

Yes… Yes! Btle, My table was missing quite a few oved ones tonight but I am feeling so very fortunate that all my loved ones are alive and well. So many people in the world have lost kin this year. Truly a day to give thanks!

2 Likes

Nice flowers. You have the perfect weather for them. I can only grow them in pots.

1 Like

Thank you. The flowers are very pretty now, when the temperature gets cooler. During summer, the heat wave dried up most of the leaves. They have been in the ground for more than twenty years, but the bushes never grow big because of that.

1 Like