Amire Jeanette Pears

Recovered from a really old tree and I’ve grafted onto Pyrus C. Any helpful hints? Are they vigorous? Any info gratefully received

2 Likes

Very-vigorous:

Crawford, ‘Directory of Pear Cultivars’

Crawford, ‘Directory of Pear Cultivars’

Pyrus communis effects upon cultivar(s). Crawford, ‘Directory of Pear Cultivars’

Pyrus communis rootstock tolerance of soil and climatic conditions. Crawford ‘Directory of Pear Cultivars’

Pyrus communis resistance/succeptibility to pests. Crawford, ‘Directory of Pear Cultivars’

1 Like

Thank you​:grin::grin:

1 Like

@Billy_auger

Yes it’s been a keeper Amire Joannet Pear . It’s growing very quickly and there have been no disease problems yet.

2 Likes

Brilliant.
Are yours cropping well yet? The mother tree for my grafts is about 200 years + and is a biennial bearer

2 Likes

@Billy_auger

No the trees are young in terms of pears maybe this year or next I will see some fruit. At some point this year I will go check the trees and let you know if I catch them Flowering. It’s hard to keep an eye on all my pears.

2 Likes

How many Pears have you got? I’ve got around 400. Only did a few Pear grafts for myself this year but loads for other people and the Amire is a swap along with a couple of Catillac Pears for some Avalon Plums, as I really fancy growing it

2 Likes

@Billy_auger

It’s hard to say 400 sounds right. I’ve not counted and the majority are only 4 or 5 years old. Some are still young pears. They take up a few acres.

2 Likes