Buds Flowers and Fruit - 2024 Edition

Golden delicious

Red delicious

Not an apple.

8 Likes

Forgot a couple… i know not blooming just yet.

4 Likes

Our bigest Peluche loquats

10 Likes

Breakfast today: juneberries, white mullberries, red and black currants. It seems that Titania will live up to its name this year.

9 Likes

North Star cherry. Did not net it this year, so between birds and rainy weather, here’s 2024 harvest.

8 Likes

Rubus niveus and maqui

8 Likes

Picked several hundred blueberries off my 2 climax rabbiteyes today.

Going to pick raspberries next… raspberry blueberry jam… yum.

Ilinni blackberry in background.

13 Likes

Your name could be Berry King.

5 Likes

Today I’ve realised that eventhough it’s been raining for weeks, I haven’t found any wormy cherries even among the wild ones that are almost black now. The cherry fruit flies are an annual pest here normally. I wonder if it’s because last year’s frost put a break to both cherries (we had a few bowls from this large tree) and to the CFF population.
We still have this pest to deal with, but I think he likes mulberries better…

12 Likes

Rasberries will make blueberry jam a little more zippy.

That is a graft of lawson dawson mulberry in the background.

9 Likes

Still hard, but I wanted to put a few of my apricots on the safety of the counter to ripen before the squirrels decide they’re ready to pilfer.
This is Ilona. The other half of the tree is Tomcot which seems to be ripening as well.

8 Likes

First melon sizing.

Micky Lee watermelon.

First Black Futsu perhaps. Never grown this before.

6 Likes

Black tartarian cherries starting to change color.

8 Likes

Made 4 half pints of blueberry/raspberry jam tonight… very pretty.

10 Likes

Turkish pink needed a couple more days:

Catherine Bunnel split pits are dropping. One of them gave me a preview of their potential. Its like santa rosa and toka together, very sweet, with some twang at the end. Really looking forward to the main crop!

9 Likes

First Sweet Treat Pluerry fruit. My tree only set 4 this year.
This one had some damage so I picked it early in case it started rotting or critters got to it.

Even this ripe it is tastier than my handful of Santa Rosa plum.

10 Likes

My first split flavor grenade pluot. I’ve had so much rain I was assuming I’d get some.

A dry spell ahead now so I’ll see if the splitting comes much after the rains or if I’m good.

6 Likes

Size comparisson of some of this week’s cherries, left-right:
1of 2 nanking cherries, 2/5 Carmine Jewel, 1/loads Starlings’ Earliest, 1/overload Starlings’ Best, 1/overload old local crunchy variety (smaller size this year)

7 Likes

One of my favorite fruits

1 Like

Okay so my flowers are doing well this spring too.

6 Likes