Experience with Red Fleshed Apples

And this other one

2 Likes

Headed into growing season #3

I snipped the top off this spring and grafted it in 3 or 4 places, don’t want to lose it. Finally put it in a more permanent spot so hopefully we can start sizing it up and start getting some fruit.

8 Likes

what cultivar is it? love the leaf color. i have a purple leafed chokecherry on my property that gets that dark as well but new growth is green then turns purple in mid july…

A seedling I started 3 years ago. Has great foliage color throughout the growing season. Hoping the fruit turns out red fleshed and interesting but we shall see.

3 Likes

These seedlings are interesting. These are all Lucy glow seedlings. Seeds were acquired from the same retail grocery store about 2 weeks apart. The first round I forced inside. The second round, still crowded in one pot, I sowed outside and waited for spring sprouting. Anyway, I am surprised how the later seeds all appear green leafed and green stemmed. The earlier batch has 2 red leafed and red stemmed seedlings, and lots of in between colors. I would have expected a more similar “mix” from both batches of seeds.

3 Likes