First 2021 Catalog Arrived

My Colette, Clapps Favorite and Beurre Bosc all came from Millers. Each year I hoped to drive out to the nursery since they weren’t far from me. Miss their catalogs!

Some of my grapes and my 3 in 1 Asian pear were from Miller. I still keep a copy of their catalog as references

2 Likes

I think my Italian prune plum was from Millers, too.

None of the other stuff I got from them survived the 20 years

Several of my oldest (1991) apple trees came from Miller. Some from Bear Creek (no longer in business). My favorite is the one on standard rootstock I have to still refer to as “NOT MACINTOSH” since it’s something else, but I like it.
Possibly King David, but I’ve yet to make a definite ID.

3 Likes

As long as you like the apple that is all that matters. The taste and texture is what I prefer.

Baker Creek Whole Earth Seed Catalog is now at Barnes & Noble. Wife got me a copy today.

1 Like

Anybody received Schlabach’s Nursery catalog yet? I called to add a friend to their catalog mailing list, and their message says the new catalog should be out around Thanksgiving. I am still anxiously waiting for mine!

1 Like

I haven’t yet, but our local mail can be slow. I did receive a catalog from ACN last week.

1 Like

Jung Seed has their website updated and they are taking orders for Spring 2021. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am curious about Schlabach’s Nursery catalog too. I ordered from them this Spring and expected they would just send a 2021 catalog but maybe I need to request one? I would like to know if the 2021 catalog is out.

I just ordered a catalog and the guy on the phone said that they recently went out.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

I got mine in the mail on Dec 15th! :santa:

2 Likes

Ironically, my catalog for Schlabach’s Nursery showed up this afternoon. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I got my Schlabach’s the other day also. I hadn’t ordered from them in a few years so I mailed a request along with 3 bucks. Probably didn’t have to since it sounds like the catalog was a little bit late for everyone. I was excited that they have a Wisconsin Balmer peach this year! Already sent my order in. Also ordered a second Everest grape as well as a Marquis grape.

2 Likes

I have not received the Schlaback’s catalog yet. I have ordered from them within the last couple of years. I better send them a catalog request to make sure I get a catalog.

1 Like

I haven’t received mine either. But I’ve only received two catalogs so far this year.

Got my Schalabachs catalog a couple of days ago and just sent my order in this AM. I met David Schalabach about 15 years ago and have been buying fruit trees from him ever since. I have never been disappointed. I highly recommend his book BACKYARD FRUIT PRODUCTION. Deserves a place on every fruit growers shelf.

4 Likes

Cummins new website is still not up, but it’s inventory is now being posted.
http://www.cumminsnursery.com/inventory2021.html

8 Likes

I’ve always liked Cummins website because it is so simple and straight forward. Kinda wish they would keep it as is.

1 Like