Garden pictures 2019

How’d you get rid of the PI? Goats?

1 Like

Galina,
You are amazing. Your garden is a piece of arts.

1 Like

Couple gallons of roundup :grin:. It actually took me several years.

Looks great! So neat, clean, organized and no wasted space.

1 Like

My garlic looks awful and I don’t know why. Yellow leaf tips all spring.

1 Like

Wow. It looks like you really have it all together!

1 Like

Wow that’s like narnia for gardners!! Is that bug netting on the trees or just bird?

1 Like

Great looking garden!

1 Like

Galina! Your garden is just beautiful and so well organized. You must have elves helping you! So pretty!

2 Likes

WoW!!!

1 Like

Yes, it is bug netting if you get to cover it without bugs inside. It helps a lot with sour cherry, otherwise maggots and birds do not leave a chance. It helps with apricot if covered early every year and no PC covered inside. For plum, I am still debating - the aphids is a big problem under net on plum, and so far I am not able to clean it completely with spray before covering up. I also use same netting on cucumbers(cucumber beetles), currants(currant maggot), peppers(pepper maggot), cabbages(cabbage worms), beets( Leaf miners).

1 Like

Just one elf - right now he is welding watermelon trellis. :grin:

1 Like

You need to put some lady bugs inside the net to take care of the alphids.

2 Likes

Yes, this year when I covered the plum, I did cover some lady bugs. But they become very uncomfortable under net, tried to escape. I don’t know if they survived or just died from stress. It feels kind of cruel to put them there intentionally :grinning:.

1 Like

I git a huge population of lady bugs around my property so no alphids issues.

1 Like

Just some fruit growing in Brooklyn

on the right are 7ft tall Jewel Blueberry bushes

13 Likes

That’s huge blueberry bush! Do you know what kind?

Jewel, about 6 years old, bought as a 2-3gal plant

1 Like

Here’s my 90% completed greenhouse. I wanted to wait until the fall to build it but my husband was excited and he wasn’t having no for an answer. I’m nervous that it’s going to magnify the summer heat and we’re in zone 9a. He says it’s fine as long as we have a fan intake and out blow, but he’s not any more experienced than I am, which is to say not very. Will it hurt? Should I make him take it down until the fall or could we leave it? We have tomatoes, peppers and basil in there.

1 Like

You may want to take plastic off till fall - it may burn in very hot weather. Not literally, but will be damaged.

2 Likes