Gorilla Cart my latest orchard buddy

Bill that will be a nice tree mover when the time comes.

1 Like

I love anything ā€˜Gorillaā€™. Their shelving is fabulous. I ended up buying a cart from Tractor Supply last summer - to replace a crippled Rubbermaid that weā€™d patched for several years. TS had assembled it - and it fit in the back of my Buick Enclave . . . so I jumped on it! The Tractor Supply cart is great, too . . . but probably not ā€˜as greatā€™ as your Gorilla!

We donā€™t have a riding mower - or any other small motorized ā€˜vehicleā€™. However,
my son ā€˜parksā€™ a four wheeler on our property . . . and Iā€™m considering using it to pull my cart. My back is giving me a lot of trouble - and for some reason walking out in the orchard seems to bother it a lot. If I can drive that 4-wheeler and pull my cart with it . . . that will be a big help.

4 Likes

Your cart is in excellent condition to be used ten years. I notice that your tires look wider than the Gorilla which I see as being better with a heavy load.

2 Likes

The four wheeler sounds like it would relieve your back and allow you to enjoy your fruit trees more.

I think you are right.

I have a yellow Gorilla cart similar to the one posted by RayRose. Mine does not tilt either but the side drops down. I put my 16 gallon electric sprayer and battery in cart and pull around my 23 tree orchard for spraying. The handle changes easily to be attached to tractor for being pulled around too.

We also use it for apple picking to haul the apples back to to the barn and old milk house for storage. LOVE my gorilla cart! Think it was $150 on sale when we bought it 3 years ago. Great investment.

3 Likes

tsc has solid rubber tires on rims that look like that size. might be worth replacing them once and never have to again. :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for that suggestion and advice. It would be worth the replacement cost vs replacing the tires ans tubes over and over again.

1 Like

Nice, Iā€™d been thinking of getting a small trailer to pull behind my mower, but may end up going with a cart instead as I imagine it will be much more useful. Amazing, 1200 pounds is about the same payload as my pickup truck is rated to handle!

1 Like

I have one too, and I love it. My boyfriend raised up the edges by building a wooden rack all the way around. I also can drop it over the ball on my Cushman, and pull it around the yard while I ride. It cuts on a dime.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Iā€™m considering doing something similar for when Iā€™m raking up leaves or anything thatā€™s light weight and bulky. Stacking high with heavy items might cause a tip over problem.

1 Like

If you make the slightest turn while loaded and going downhill, they can tip fairly easily. Donā€™t ask me how I know :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is a tire that was aging and would only hold air for a couple of hours. Great Stuff to the rescue I hope. Iā€™m planning to test it out tomorrow.

1 Like

Yep, Auburn, my wife bought one for me a few years ago for Christmas. Great utility. I canā€™t get close enough to my box garden with a truck to dump new amendment into the boxes and this baby makes the job pretty easy for an old guy like me. Like the others, I have only had to inflate the tires.

1 Like

Update. The foam didnā€™t work for me.

2 Likes

I am sorry that did not work. That saves me the time from trying that out as well. Bummer.

1 Like

Great Stuff (or I prefer another companyā€™s cheaper option) is ā€˜great stuffā€™ for a lot of things. I use the black colored kind in outdoor projects.

Anyhow, foam filled tires are heavyā€¦and Great Stuff is lightā€¦and would be difficult to get evenly distributed inside a tire/rim (and an air pocket would cause it not to work for the purpose of staying inflated.)

1 Like

I like that tip especially if the leak is large. Iā€™ve used Green Slime in the past and it worked very well. A wheel barrow tire was needing filling every week. I added Green Slime and it didnā€™t need air for 2 years.

1 Like

Great stuff didnā€™t work for me and looking back I probably should have gone with the green slime.

I love my gorilla carts. I have the 7 cu/ft and 3.5 cu/ft and move stuff around with them all the time.

2 Likes