Gorilla Cart my latest orchard buddy

These carts come in several weight capacities. I was looking for one that was a size I could easily maneuver around my trees and had a high enough payload to carry the weight of almost any load I want in it. This is a 7 cubic feet with a 1200 pound capacity. It can also be attached to my mower but it pulls so easy I probably wont attach it unless it is for taking my younger grands for a ride. I forgot to mention that it has a new type dumping release with a cantilever system. It is amazing what clever people can design. Hope it works as well as anticipated.

27 Likes

i was thinking of investing in one as well. tired of the ol’ wheelbarrow. looks real sturdy.

3 Likes

Looks handy.
Does it have pneumatic tires…a soft ride would be best if hauling fruits.

2 Likes

Yes. Max air is 30psi

1 Like

This is my Gorilla Cart that I purchased about 5 years ago. It’s the best money I’ve ever spent for
a garden product. I think mine’s a little larger than yours. As you can see, it’s steel mesh on all sides
and the bottom. It also has a rubber mat on the bottom. All four sides can be removed independently
from one another. I’ve used it for many things and at the present is holding a number of potted figs
for the winter. This past spring, I used it to hold a brooder for 14 chicks. The only thing I’ve had to do to
it was to reinflate the tires recently. The only thing that it doesn’t do is dump. But I’d rather have the ability to remove the sides.
I just cleaned out my 8x8 chicken coop, and it held the entire contents in one load. I easily moved it
inside the run and easily emptied it into the run for spreading.

13 Likes

Nice purchase Ray. It appears to still be in excellent condition.

1 Like

I was going to say to Bill, If the model he purchased had a removable or cantilevered “tailgate” it seems to me that would be the perfect setup. Ray, yours has the removable sides for that but no dump! I wonder if there is a company that does both? With my rudimentary welding skills I bet I could fabricate something similar to yours but would have to source a dumping device. Both are very cool looking tools that probably make life much easier!

1 Like

Nice carts. the dumping feature would definitely be a good thing.

3 Likes

We got this Rubbermaid one for over 10 years now. It is still working very well.

13 Likes

Rubbermaid did a lot of good products…what happened?

I may have to look for a Gorilla cart for my yard. I like the feature that you can pull it behind a mower. My orchard is about a 1/4 mile away from my mower shed. It would make it easier to load all my orchard things in it and haul it up behind my mower.
I have a metal cart now but the weather has taken its toll being outside all the time. I like the plastic type carts better for longevity.

Thanks for posting this. I think I could really use one of these. I really dislike using wheel barrows.
I am wondering if yours has flat free tires? (I was just browsing the website and it looks like some models have those). I have too many small tools with tires that always go flat and require tubes.
Thanks

So true. That is the biggest issue I have with my metal cart is the tires always need replaced or the tubes replaced about every year or two. The tires/ tubes get very expensive after a while. I have to take the tires to the mower shop to get replaced the rims are so soft I bent one trying to do it myself.

You can buy a plug in air inflator from Walmart for $13. Just plug it into your car’s cigarette
lighter and it automatically reinflates the tires to the desired level. It even has a regulator, so
you don’t over inflate the tires. A real life saver.

3 Likes

Mine carries maximum weight of 1200 lbs. it cautions not for recreation and not to travel with speed over 5 mph :grin:.

Our tires need air. Before using it each spring, we check air in the tires and add a liitle air as needed. That’s only yearly maintenance we do. It really is worth the money many times over. We bought it from Costco.

We have a wheelbarrow, too. The cart is more convenient.

2 Likes

I mostly use my gorilla cart as well but I use the wheelbarrow for certain things; a tight space where the cart won’t fit, mixing concrete. Sometimes I use both together when screening or mixing materials.

2 Likes

I have no experience with this product but I saw one video indicating that they used something called slime to prevent air loss. Has anyone tried this product?

1 Like

I got tired of the same thing. I found some foam filled tires that are the same size at Harbor Freight. They came as a complete wheel, so I had to take the tires off the “rims” and swap tires, but no more flat tires - forever…

5 Likes

I have used Slime on my lawn mowers tires but if it ever does break the seal on the rim you have a big mess and it is hard to get them to seal back again. It also seemed to rust the inside of the rim but the rims were several years old by that time and that may have happened either way. If it were me I would just do as SpokanePeach said and get some foam filled ones :+1:

1 Like

@Poncho65
I have an old tiller with tires that never holds air over two hours. Looks like an easy fix with Great Stuff.

4 Likes