How far along are your trees 2019?

Granny Smith, 3 years in the ground.

7 Likes

what else is growing in those pots?

Weeds! I just plucked most of them an hour or so ago. The soil in the pots is from my wife’s childhood farm, where cattle were raised for many years. Very black/organic/rich/weed-seed-filled. Good stuff as long as I can stay ahead of the weeds.

1 Like

This was loring a few weeks ago

4 Likes

Starting to move along a little faster here.

Apple seedling (probably from Honeycrisp fruit)…hmmmmmm… looks like a crab…

Lavina i think-- lots and lots of blooms

shaa-kar-pareh–this is potted…whole tree is one big bloom

Either spring satin or satsuma

9 Likes

Not Spring Satin, I think

What a strange year! My Stanley plum tree is now in full bloom - first tree to flower, when it has always been by far the last.

It’s a strange year alright…apples, pears, walnuts, locusts, oaks, maples,…and the list goes on…will have heavy fruit set here in KY this year. (Peaches or apricots were thinned by the cold though.) Oh, and pawpaws have set more than usual.

1 Like

I couldn’t be more happy. We had no frost issues this year. Going to have plums peaches nectarines and even a few pears

10 Likes

Your fruit look about a month ahead of mine! Beautiful!

1 Like

Wow… so far ahead. My first peaches/nectarines are just blooming (container)…

bees were thick…lots of honey, bumblee, etc.

I believe this is mainly just Krymsk 1 blooms…i need to cut it back and bud it over…i’ll wait until the bloom is done.

Lapins sweet cherry… sweet cherry has the best smelling flowers.

10 Likes

funny how we are in similar zone and my cherry hasn’t even shown a swollen bud. currants are about to leaf out. honey berry is swelling but no green yet. apple isn’t even awake at all yet and its a y. transparent. my russian mulberry is still buried halfway in my last snowbank. :wink:

2 Likes

First year to have blueberries…

22 Likes

Man I really want some blueberry

2 Likes

You have them. . . whether you’ll be eating them, or the birds, remains to be seen.:wink:

3 Likes

My money is on the birds…:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Birds get mine every year. Same with haskaps, mulberries, blackberries and anything else dark in color. I’m trying to outproduce what the birds can eat at this point or will have to figure out how to net my eclectic plantings.

3 Likes

This is true…they get most of my mulberries…

However, I do have some cats that deserve a bid. Especially with these bushes still low to the ground they will be watching…

5 Likes

My Black Gold, sweet cherry tree. Very productive. Loaded every year. I prune it to about 5 ft tall in an umbrella shape. It is convenient to net the whole tree.

19 Likes

i wish i could grow sweet cherry here. there are some cultivars that are marginally hardy but the romance series sour cherries are just as sweet but more tartness and are z2 hardy so i guess they will have to fill the sweet cherry niche here.

2 Likes