How is your weather? (Part 2)

Looks like that here, too

1 Like

Heavy, wet snow forecast for Mon / Tues followed by high winds. Got the generator fueled up and ready to go.

2 Likes

Forecast low was 34°F last night, but our yard ended up being a hair under 30° instead:

C’mon, jet stream, get the memo already: La Niña is over!

After last year’s record cold spring, I was hoping for a warm one this year. Not looking promising.

highs in the mid 20s, lows in the single digits here late week

tues-weds here. some say upwards of a foot. hit 43 and sunny today. went ice fishing . only managed 1 but a big kyped male 34in. 10-11lbs. caught while jigging on a 4in white tube. nearly ripped the pole from my hand. fought him for 10min. before i could line him up in the hole. had orange fins with a nice coppery sheen to him. took a few pics and back down he went. lots of folks on the lake. many ol’ timers came over to shoot the bull. will be the last sun until thurs. mid to upper 30’s all week.

2 Likes

Nice and sunny for a change. I’m going to see if I can prune my neighbor’s shrub that grow over our yard.

-5 this morning

2 Likes

We have about 6" this a.m. and the power was out twice by 9 a.m. 5-9" forecast today, so not too bad. Looks like east of us is getting hit harder.

2 Likes

Rainy and windy!!! You can see in some of my pictures, how strong the wind is. My citrus always lose their leave to wind, not temperature.

2 Likes

We briefly dropped to 2F. Coldest morning in some time. Should run to mid 30Fs today and around 50F tomorrow. Late week storm is iffy. Looks rain to snow so who knows what snow totals are like. Starts weds nite and ends sat night.

2 Likes

Down to 17F. Ground is covered by couple of inches of snow but it’s sunshine. A beautiful crispy morning.

My potted peach rootstocks all leaf out. I am debating should I or not start to graft them. What you guys think, should I wait or not?

1 Like

Dropped to -8 F this morning. The coldest we have gotten all winter.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s pretty crazy. It hasn’t been brutally cold here this winter, but we’ve had at least a few weeks’ worth of negative teens to twenties.

2 Likes

Yah, I’ve only seen -20 once on the farm here. For like 10 minutes one morning. Even though we are further north, this location is really 5a because of Superior.

2 Likes

Nice. That sounds more like my old place north of Madison, WI. I saw -20 or lower a number of times over the 45 years I lived there, but it certainly wasn’t a common thing.

Here, we usually get at least 3 weeks’ worth of lows from -20 to -30.

3 Likes

With all the snow cover here I’ve even had globe artichoke survive winter. I never saw that further south in central Illinois where I grew up years ago. Even my Oklahoma wife thrives here. Been here 7 years now.

2 Likes

Tonight’s the night
 We’re typically a few degrees cooler than what’s predicted for this area. Peaches/Plums are in full bloom
 Blueberries about to bloom
 Cherries surprisingly not as far along, they may make it to the next freeze. Apples at silver tip, very few beyond that, perhaps they’ll make it to the finish line.

1 Like

It’s sprinkle again, get ready for a heavy rain.

2-4in tonight 2-4’’ fri. night staying in the upper 30’s.

2 Likes

No snow but 30’s for 3 nights in a row here.

1 Like