How is your weather? (Part 2)

Extended looks warm …maybe some record warmth in S Minnesota and the plains.

Smoke not so bad today–low 60Fs…very comfortable spring day.

2 Likes

I can grow multiple crops of plants in the same season. I very rarely lose anything to frost. I don’t spend the time I will when I retire but I know everything I can grow. And many they are. I just don’t do it right now. Never snow. Never ice. I’m inland and north enough hurricanes are usually just remnants by the time they get here. Biggest problem is disease. Spraying solves that . I just don’t take the time right now. And 80 isn’t hot. Not here. I’ve lived just a few hours north of you. To each his own. But you can keep it. :+1::grin: And it 7 months pretty nice to 5 month muggy hot. I’ve been there. Its pretty damn muggy and hot in the summer.

1 Like

you guys can both keep it. over 72 im in A/C. when it does get above 80 here the humidity jacks up to 70% or more. no thank you! at least if its cold i can dress up. when it’s that hot you can’t shed your skin. only way i could live in the south is Dec to April.

3 Likes

Only way I could be in Maine is to hunt Moose. So all is well for us both… IMO cold sucks. No way ever again for me :+1::grin:

1 Like

Haven’t tasted moose meat…so don’t know if I want to hunt one or not.
(I’m not into trophies and discarding the meat.)

On another subject…nice rain falling. Seems to be moving east very slowly, so training from Nashville to Ohio and Michigan may create excess precipitation today for some. Be glad if I get an inch or more.

May

if i could chase 55-65f migrating the country with the seasons, id be happy. definitely hate our severe winter temps though i wouldn’t mind occasional freezes. can take some above 70 if humidity is low. no such thing on the east coast.

2 Likes

Better stick to far northern FL in the winter for temps like that :wink: I guess this winter in much of AZ would have been a better choice.

Personally, I’m not going anywhere in the winter for temps in the 50s-60s. 70s-80s is what my wife and I are looking for. 70 with a breeze coming off the Gulf gets a bit chilly

3 Likes

ok. maybe 60 to 75. :wink: my wife likes heat also. we have the thermostat war all winter. i like 65. she likes 68.

3 Likes

Europe is finally getting rain. In Italy too much of it, they even cancelled the formula 1 race today and the Petanque tournament here tomorrow. It will finally pour tomorrow. We need it!!!

1 Like

they just changed the forecast from 1in. of rain to 2-3in. tonight.

1 Like

We do the 80’s and 90’s through summer here. I’m about 20 miles from the Georgia border. 70’s in winter are not the really common temp. We occasionally stay up there but it’s usually like this.

3 Likes

A smidge under 3 inches of rain last night.

3 Likes

any flooding? got a little over 3/4in here. its been dry so its well received. most of the farmers just finished planting.

3 Likes

80F again today. we are in for 5 days of lighter weather- days in the 70s, nights in the low 50s. one night says 45F on the forecast. unlikely to rain.

my basil and peppers will be angry, everything else will be glad I think.

1 Like

80F today…dewpoints in the 40Fs…very comfortable. Borderline AC weather. Extended looks very warm in the midwest. Summer outlooks show this area is above normal temps. Gorgeous evening. Good sleeping weather–can leave the windows open. I’m residing my house and adding an inch of polyiso foam–this thing is going to be like a cooler when i’m done :snowman:

2 Likes

No flooding.

2 Likes

Starting to look very dry in the extended range. We had a quick downpour last Thursday but outside of that is been quiet. Rest of May looks dry–next precip chance on GFS is a week from Friday. High pressure drops down out of the northeast over MI/WI and keeps us very pleasant. 40Fs/50sF at night and 70Fs/80Fs during the day isn’t too bad.

2 Likes

More frost potential for Wed & Thurs nights and continued nights in the 40’s. I’ll never get the peppers out of the grow box.

hit 28 this morning. only honeyberries blooming. rain/ showers in the next 7 days. mowed the lawn for the 1st time yesterday. heading to lake Ontario for some fishing tom. with the brothers for a week. forecast there looks promising.

2 Likes