How is your weather? (Part 2)

ive seen permanent snow on the ground the 1st week in oct here but that’s rare.

Looks like that hurricane really wraps up when it nears Bermuda and turns NE and pulls down some chilly air into new england.

Still showing near 90F tomorrow…got to be close to a record. Much cooler late week. Probably one last day of swimming if one should be inclined.

frost here last 2 nights.

2 Likes

Last night was not only our first below 50°F this fall, but also our first below 45°! But I expect our first frost is still months away.

1 Like

Showing 62F for high temp Thurs and 42F for the low… As long as it stays above 40F i’m good or else i’ll have to start moving plants around.

2 Likes

Much cooler. The winds from the north are starting. High in the 70’s onl. Fifties at night.

2 Likes

AMAZING. We here have had our first frost on Sept. 18 one time in my lifetime…1980.
Probably second or third week or October this year (as is normal), but could be as early as Oct. 6 maybe. Had snow Oct. 19 in 1993.

2 Likes

I’ll take a long stretch of highs in the 60Fs. That looks to be what is coming after today.

1 Like

The weather hasn’t been “right” since those rains in the latter part of August. September is usually my favorite month weatherwise…not this year. Cool and dank…that rain flow from the NW just keeps ripping down from Canada…definitely not a good fall pattern so far.

1 Like

been the opposite here until today. going to be rain chances every other day in the 7day but has been very dry for nearly 3 weeks before.

2 Likes

And strangely enough, Seattle has been unusually dry so far this September, recording only a trace of rain a couple times, less than 0.01" and zero rain in the 10 day forecast. If that holds, it will tie the two driest Septembers on record. I’m usually done watering the outdoor plants for the year by now, but not this year!

2 Likes

81 And low humidity and no sign of rain…things drying out here…containerized trees going dormant.

89F and we got the dewpoint up to 71F so a real summer day here. Lots of boats out–probably one last swim in the drink. Record for today is 93F so we didn’t break that. That is it though, back to 70F tomorrow and then 60Fs in the long rang.e Bye bye summer.

3 Likes

Getting a nice rain just now, very welcome in the severe drought category we are in on the Wisconsin Drought Monitor. Praise.

2 Likes

73 today! The temps won’t change for the rest of Sept.

2 Likes

We got another half inch of rain when the storm came thru. All to the good. Another fine day in store before the cold.

2 Likes

The cold front is a potent one…last night the dewpoint was at 72F and now its sitting at 45F…lots of dry air moving in on nice cool NW breezes…sitting upper 60Fs here and sunshine. A+ weather for doing about anything.

3 Likes

Yeah…supposed to be 47 even here on Friday morning. (No record though…I scraped ice on my windshield Sept. 18 in 1980.)

36F and 33F forecast for Thurs & Fri nights, I expect we’ll have frost both nights (our first of the season).

2 Likes

Looks like that hurricane heads up and hits Nova Scotia.

2 Likes