How is your weather? (Part 2)

40f and gust to 50mph out of the north. here it comes!

1 Like

Quite the temp contrast across the area. Upper 70Fs over by the lake and 20Fs in S Dakota. The front is almost to yard. I had 70F in my car. Rain on and off all day//

2 Likes

We get one more day of 60s and rain tomorrow, a transition day on Sunday and then the bottom drops outā€¦hello winter!

1 Like

Winter came here last nite

2 Likes

Reached 70 yesterday. But chillier today! Beautiful day!

Been stuck at 30F to 32F here the last dayā€¦no sunshine. Snowflakes this morning.

Extended looks chilly. I would not want this map in January.

2 Likes

44 degrees this morning, high maybe high in the mid 60s.
The heater came on this morning.

First meaningful frost of the fall last night, low of 30.5Ā°F, and below freezing for ~5 hours:

This is the perfect type of frost for discovering the least hardy avocado seedlings. Any of the first-year trees showing much damage after this will be planted out to die this winter.

3 Likes

If you live long enough you see it allā€¦global cooling is probably due.

Brrrrā€¦it says 32 on the thermometer outside right now! It had been 73 less than 48 hours ago.

Looks like fluffy precip in Cincinnati area.
Rain might be over here. Tonight slick roads if they are still wet.

Kentucky for you. Donā€™t like the forecast, just check back in a day or so.

1 Like

27 here this morning at 47 Degrees, Upper Penisula Michigan Zone 5a/4b. Dropped from mid forties last couple days. Not a single day forecasted to be above freezing in the next 10 days. :smile:. Got my potted persimmons and figs put in cold storage today. Snowing, (as always), this close to Lake Superior.

1 Like

Supposed to snow here Tues

The shallow lake on my west property boundary is frozen over. Given the forecast Iā€™d assume I could walk across it completely in another week to 10 days without fear of breaking through.

2 Likes

I saw one spot near Bismarck had 24 inches of snowā€¦ Top spot in Minnesota showed 11 inches. Bismarck was -6F this morning. Yikes.

3 Likes

The forecast looks pretty glorious for this time of year in Seattle:

Weā€™ve had a nice few weeks of heavy rain to make up for the record dry summer, so Iā€™m happy for a week of cool sunshine before the winter rains return.

1 Like

Still 66 but based on what Iā€™m hearing it will be dropping fast

1 Like

Weā€™ve had nonstop stratus here. Itā€™s very gloomy weather pattern. Another arctic blast of cold air shows up late next week and highs will be in the teens/single digit lows. My pond in the backyard has an ice covering this morning.

2 Likes

I brought all the apples in in anticipation of really cold weather tonight and hauled most of them off to the custom press at Ada Orchard, yesterday. Four bushel made 12 gallons of juice. Itā€™s pretty good, considering I put very little effort into the crop this year. Aside from pruning and thinning, I applied only two cover sprays but got very lucky with insect control. Next year, I plan to spray for squirrels, too.

1 Like

NWS phoenix had a nice graphic on why its so cold.

4 Likes

Itā€™ll be a DOOZY if this pattern happens again several times this winter. Hope the polar vortex strengthens and stays at the POLES where it belongs in the winter.

1 Like

3-7in. of snow tonight then day temps dont get above mid 30ā€™s the rest of the week. now this is the weather thats typical for nov. though i wish this warmth would last the rest of winter.

2 Likes