Introducing myself to Scott's forum

Welcome and thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Hello Iā€™m Sam from southeast Georgia. I have a small hobby farm where Iā€™ve raised lots of animals and in the last year or two I have really gotten into growing fruit. Iā€™m currently growing plums, pears, figs, satsuma oranges, apples, blackberries, goji berries, pomegranates, pineapple guava, mulberries and persimmons. Iā€™ve learned a lot from this forum already.

19 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Has it been abnormally dry down there?

1 Like

No, weā€™ve had plenty of rain lately.

Good to hear

Welcome, Sam!
ā€˜Animalsā€™ are not allowed on this forum. (We DO try to remain as humanly civil as possible.) But canā€™t resist - What non-human animals do you raise?

I love all of your photos! Especially that ā€˜blackā€™ pomegranate! And it looks even lovlier with those lilac-colored blossoms in the background.

2 Likes

Welcome to this forum. The info is amazing . . . And just nice to have conversation with other people whose eyes do not glaze over when you want to talk about your plants! :smirk:

7 Likes

Thank you very much for your kind words! :smiley:

1 Like

I raise broiler chickens for meat, pekin ducks for meat and eggs, blue laced red Wyandotte chickens for eggs and breeding, ayam cemani chickens, hogs, peafowl, broad breasted turkeys for meat, bantam chickens, a few barn cats and 6 dogs.

5 Likes

Welcome! Thereā€™s always a couple of OT threads about raising farm animals or what our dogs have been up toā€¦

2 Likes

Thank you so much for enjoying my garden.
I have so many fruits and vegetables in my garden. We started planting seedlings and planting tree saplings. Business intensified. Itā€™s raining, we canā€™t go to the garden. Iā€™il draw our work. Respects

1 Like

Hi everyone, this is Udhay from San Jose. I was bitten by the gardening bug last summer and worked hard to convert out weed-ridden front and backyards to grow some fruit trees. At first, planted some random varieties from local nurseries in the area and gradually learnt more about the process. Became an avid reader of CRFG, gardening discussions in Houzz and other places and followed a couple of very knowledgable contributors (@hoosierquilt, @bleedingdirt, etc) to this forum. Quite a wealth of knowledge here and I am sure Iā€™ll be bothering everyone with my newbie questions soon!

13 Likes

Welcome Udhay!

1 Like

Welcome Udhay.

No bothering at all. We all were newbies at one time. Ask away. In addition to @hoosierquilt (still miss her very much) and @bleedingdirt, we have several other experienced growers from CA. @Richard and @Stan, @castanea came to mind.

2 Likes

Thanks, have been reading all of their posts/replies for the last week or so

Welcome Udhay. Lots of good people here willing to help.

1 Like

Welcome Udhay. Even though our climate varies block to block, it is great to have more Bay Area people on the forum.

2 Likes

Hi my name is Ty. I am a Musa (banana plant) collector and professional researcher. I have over 150 varities of Musa. I also have a few stone fruits, figs, Sugarcane, and other edibles. I am looking for some jujube cuttings (dormant if possible), also blackberry cuttings, and Pom cuttings.

I am from East Texas. I mostly grow outdoors but do have a 30x72x18ā€™ greenhouse custom for Musa production. Look forward to learning and free trades.

13 Likes