Iris

For a few years now, we pick up all the good pots of iris on the last day of our local thrift store’s garden sale. At 50 cents each, it’s hard to go wrong, but you don’t know what you get until the next year.
Some of this years new ones.

7 Likes

Wow, 50 cents each. Great buy

1 Like

Some iris on France…

3 Likes

Luis, these gardens are not far from my new home. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Really? I thought you live on US…

1 Like

Moving to the S . Of France

4 Likes

That’s Nice! Or maybe Fréjus? :nerd_face:
Google is calculating 1600km to Viveiro do Lima …

1 Like

This is the reblooming bearded iris, “I’m back”. It’s been blooming for the past two months, and also bloomed during iris blooming time this Spring. It has a strong, sweet/spicy iris fragrance. I’ve read that the variety “Immortality” is a “reblooming machine”. I have “Immortality” and like it, but in my garden it rarely reblooms and did not this year. This “I’m Back” was planted in summer 2018 and has been very vigorous.

1-IMG_8746

This is another rebloomer, “Sunny DIsposition”. I meant to upload the photo earlier. I’ve had it for almost 20 years. Sometimes it reblooms in fall, sometimes not. It has a nice fragrance but not as much as “I’m Back”.

9 Likes

Very nice. My re-bloomers are so hit and miss that they take me by surprise when encountering them. “I’m Back” sounds encouraging.

My iris are in full bloom right now! @clarkinks I saw where you were looking for some last year, did you ever find any. Mine are going to need thinning here before long and I will have lots of extra roots/rhizomes. I just need to see when the best time to do this is, I’m not looking forward to separating. image|690x516

15 Likes

7 Likes

:star_struck:

8 Likes

Great collection @ctduckhunter. I have one iris doing ok. Its not a traditional iris like i think of. I do like this new type but im still learning about them. The old purple common iris is really one that i like. Yes please let me know when you decide to divide them if you have extras!

9 Likes

Iris bloomed today.

13 Likes

9 Likes

Time to spray for the borers

I love irises. They looked so exotic and elegant. I especially love those scented iris.

10 Likes

My mother will take this bouquett i cut her home with her today. If thats not beauty i dont know what is.

12 Likes

One of mine that bloomed a few weeks ago

10 Likes

Here is my grandmothers iris I saved when we sold her house

14 Likes