Iris

Thats beauty!

2 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

:blush:

9 Likes

Wow, what are these beauties called? I have been looking for a true blue iris for a while and haven’t settled on which one to buy. This one is gorgeous and has such bright color.

1 Like

I am not sure, I purchased a bunch off of craigslist several years ago, and this was one of the colors in the mix.

What is variety ?

1 Like

Nice!

Sorry David. I have over 50 different varieties. So I couldn’t recall their name any more.

New bloom.

9 Likes

This iris has very nice citrus scent

8 Likes

It has a strong floral scent. The color is probably not one I would have picked for myself but it is growing on me and I am so glad to have it.

12 Likes

10 Likes

That is such a intense wonderful blue!

1 Like

Thanks @RichardRoundTree, I will keep an eye on this plant next year. If it splits to where I have more than one, I will send you and @Katie_didnt_Z4b one for you to start dividing. I probably already have plenty of them, I just think my patch is too overcrowded and some of them need some space to keep sending up blooms.

2 Likes

Thank you @ctduckhunter those are definitely a treasure with such amazing hues. I will show you guys my black iris when she blooms soon! and you would be welcome to her also! I gave mine some fish bone and fish meal to ideally get it to split it sadly does not get as much light as it should, what is the best way to encourage these to divide and stay healthy?

1 Like

Well sir, I do not know the answer to that. It seems like all of them that I plant try to take over the patch, and then they start choking each other out. I really need to take all of mine out and replant in a couple long rows and see what I have. I need to save a few of each variety and give or trade the rest.

1 Like

This is my lady Iris, I got three different kinds from my mom (she had labeled them on paper but it molded) so i planted all 3 thinking they were the same and then got this one first, I hope the others flower this year but if not maybe next, this is under a pine and gets little sun. Sadly i was going to do a photo of all 3 blooms but the wind decided to beat it to oblvion.

7 Likes

Nice, very dark near black why is called lady iris?

1 Like