Look how pretty this new red Asian pear variety is

I really want this tree to be the center piece in front of my house if somehow Sophia scion survive this Winter for her so she can pass on the scions to Us. it is a Red flower, crisp, juicy, and sweet red Asian pear from China and I am not sure of the name. Very pretty red fruit.

Tony

43 Likes

Wow! So beautiful!!! I’d like to hear about taste when ur ready to report.

5 Likes

This looks just like an apple! The shape reminds me of zao su li but never seen a pear look like that.

6 Likes

It looks unreal!!! Agree that it looks like an apple.

We now send good vibes to @Sophia2017 and hope that her graft take :smile:

7 Likes

Tony it is gorgeous!!!

3 Likes

Absolutely beautiful looking pear!

1 Like

Tony, I am not sure if the red pear scions will survive due to the long lasting rainy days. I already lost many varieties. FB is so seriously this year. I even want to pull out all of my fruit trees. They keep making me sad.

4 Likes

Let’s hope it survives to the next month so We can get some dormant buds for Summer T-budding. Fingers crossed.

Tony

1 Like

This pear made it to Europe now as well. Lets hope it will taste at least half as good as it looks.

3 Likes

Tony is the name of the pear Sophia? I will be in France by this fall. It should be ripe by then will I find them there? That is one beautiful fruit. I just bet it tastes as good as it looks!

1 Like

Sophia is one of our members. She got the red Asian pear scion from a friend . We don’t know the name yet of this variety. Are you moving to France or just visiting?

1 Like

You are right.it’s called red zao su li in China.

5 Likes

Moving in Sept. I hope!

2 Likes

Great! I do enjoyed French foods. I may visit you someday in France.

2 Likes

Yes, please do!!!

1 Like

I waited 2 years for this Red Asian pear variety and now the scion is in my possession. This tree will be in front of my house. I definitely will have to brace this graft from the wind and bird. @mamuang, @PharmerDrewee

Tony

10 Likes

This red pear happened to be ripen when I visited my friend in summer. So I tasted it before I cut the scions.
It is very sweet, crispy, and crunchy. Not the best one among my collection, but very good one.

4 Likes

Sophia,

I am after the look of this red Asian pear but if it tasted good for you then it is a plus for me. Thanks for swapping!

Tony

2 Likes

Don’t forget to post pics of flowers and fruit @Sophia2017 and @tonyOmahaz5

4 Likes

The only one flower bud this year!

9 Likes