Lucy Glo Apple

I just settled for some Lucy Rose, since I can’t find Lucy Glo.

It was a very good apple. Not sure which I prefer between it and Cosmic Crisp, eaten on different occasions. Will have to try some more of each.

2 Likes

I actually found this forum in a search for Lucy Glo.

I am obsessed with these apples! The Lucy Rose doesn’t do it for me. Before Lucy Glo, I only liked Granny Smiths. But now, the tart-sweet Lucy Glo is my favorite. If you like green apples, you’ll love these. My kids refused to eat anything but GS. I forced them to try Lucy Glo and now they’re hooked, too.

I wish they had a longer season!

4 Likes

I will look for these Lucy Glo apples in my area. Looks interesting.

@castanea So do you physically have this tree? I’m looking for scion or a source of the parent tree :smile:

It’s patented.

Assumed it was a patented club apple. Darnit. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No, I do not have this tree. It’s a very good apple, especially for a modern apple.

2 Likes

Yes hi i finally tried both apples glo/rosey apples ther both delicious although i cant help but wonder how they were made its almost mysterious i keep wondering are they safe you kno that saying if its too good to be true i feel almost wrong for eating them like ah forbidden fruit only for the fact they literally came out of nowhere :thinking:

I believe they originated from Washington d.c?

They came from trees that were selected for their good fruit. There is nothing wrong with them. They did not come out of nowhere. They came out of an apple breeding program.

3 Likes

If anybody in the Pacific Northwest sees Lucy Glo or Percinnamons for sale, please let me know where.

Safeway lists Lucy Glo on their website, but I called the produce department and they don’t have or expect them.

Do you have Sprouts Farmers Market stores in your area? I’m in Utah, so it doesn’t necessarily translate to other areas I guess, but for what it’s worth they had Lucy Glo in my local Sprouts stores earlier this month and in November. I found them also at another grocer’s but that’s a small local chain.

Lucy Glo was in stores here a month ago, and have now disappeared. They are my favorite and I will miss them until next season!

1 Like

I corresponded with the distributor, or relations or something, they were VERY responsive. They pointed me to local store, Chuck’s produce. I went there today, and a helpful produce dept. worker did some sleuthing and came out of the back with the last box that had a couple pounds left in it. So I have a bag of them to hold me over until next year :slight_smile:

Sounds like the plantings are still young, so hopefully production will ramp up.

She also told me that they were supposed to be really good eating this year. My only experience was last year, hard to imagine they are better, but I’m looking forward to trying one tonight. Also got a bunch of very small “Fuyu” for $1.50/lb.

2 Likes

My friend is growing this one and we were able to get to taste first crop (1 apple) off his tree.
The taste is great! I don’t really like red flesh apples but this one was a very pleasant surprise.

6 Likes

Is your friend in the US and can you get scion wood?!

This is one of my favorite apples. I’ll need to look for some this weekend.

Just amazing looking!

1 Like

Really amazing!!! :yum:

No sorry, unfortunately I cannot get it.