Members photos on Growingfruit

A few photos from a work trip + vacation to Ukraine fall of 2018. Got a chance to visit the village my fathers side of the family is from deep in the Carpathian Mountains and of course took the opportunity to sample some of their fruit. Don’t mind the flowery umbrella, a very nice lady lent it to me so I could explore Lviv regardless of the weather :slight_smile:

30 Likes

Here I am again.

13 Likes

There’s our favorite fruit breeder!

6 Likes

Here I am at the strode house (Halloween 1978) in South Pasadena Jan 1 2019

12 Likes

My friend James on the left. If you live in Alabama he is the man when it comes to informing us about upcomming weather problems.

19 Likes

Two of my grands and I decided to attend one more Storm Spotter class. Brian Petterson seated is the guy out in the car spotting the storm locations while James is keeping us informed on TV.

20 Likes

Good pic. So are you a storm chaser? I used to do that in my younger years, although usually to get some photos. Lived in OK and TX most my life and never seen a tornado, though.

3 Likes

My daughter painting pickets and my son and I cutting them.

14 Likes

Boy, your last snow sure disappeared fast!

3 Likes

That is pretty typical spring weather for us! We had 2.5 inches Friday morning, but then it warmed up to the mid-forties that afternoon, high forties yesterday, and low fifties today. The ski resorts are loving it right now, this is spring break for us and they are still open.

2 Likes

No we try to avoid storms when possible.

Summary

This text will be hidden

I joined this group some time in 2016, but have only made occasional posts and comments, but I guess they have been enough for me to earn a trust level of member and receive an enthusiast badge. However, I only just ran across this thread. So here is a picture of me. My wife took it while were visiting Cornell’s New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva last fall.

25 Likes

John, I think we were @ Geneva at the same time!

Indeed. I’ll look for you if we go again.

Up.

28 Likes

13 Likes

i miss good ramen! used to trade MRE’s with the local Koreans, for a meal when we were in the field when i was stationed there. paired with good kimchee washed down with soju it was the best!

2 Likes

Just ran across this thread. Here’s my daughter playing Basketball for UC Davis!49%20PM 13%20PM

33 Likes

This was supposed to be in reply to Richard whose daughter got straight A’s at UC Daivs. Now is kind of a non sequitur

3 Likes

Your daughter is very athletic and beautiful…!!

7 Likes