My mulberry and other fruits collection

Mespilus planted

5 Likes

Black barjacota fig planted

3 Likes

I see a lot of chestnuts on the ground. Do you roast or boil them?

1 Like

Love them both ways, but roasted are easier to peal :slight_smile:
Love them in stews and sunday roasts also replacing the potatoes

And fake cheap nigra (its not nigra lol) planted between some brambles lol

3 Likes

Back to the orchard, doing some mulching around the trees and decided to move/transplant some to another places in the orchard with a bit more Light.

. Uvaia, rio grande cherry, and grumichama did really poorly last year, no growth at all and almost dead this winter, i think i choose a very humid and dark shade place in the orchard. Decided to transplant these to a more open area place, more light, lets see if they bounce back
Rio grande cherry

Uvaia

Grumichama

Then i decided to transplant 2 little morus nigras, which did poorly last year, they are in a more open area this year

Finally also transplanted 2 of my Madeira Mulberries to a more sunny place

2 Likes

Next mulberries on the way, one of them known in Europe as “sangue e latte”, blood and milk.
Photos from some italian collectors also. My clone will be from the same nursery.

20170601_202956
On the left kokuso, on the right Illinois Everbearing and on the bottom “sangue e latte”
Supposingly very tasty

20170607_202449

10 Likes

I do recognize the bottom one :open_mouth: Wow I haven’t seen that one in forever! It’s indeed top notch in taste, take good care of it please.

1 Like

WOW! That one is amazing! Congratulations! :smiley:

1 Like

Was overwintering some suriname cherry seedlings and inga vulpina. Gonna risk and plant them now in the orchard. Hope they survive…

Inga vulpina

Suriname cherry

3 Likes

The ingas and surinam cherry are too small. You should wait at least one year to surinam cherries and two for ingas…

2 Likes

Ok Luis, i"ll do that, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Surinam will turn all red when it gets cold :smiley: I can’t even recognize mine anymore.

1 Like

Also have a few hundred seedlings from last year in pots in the orchard, might put a few in the ground. They survived the winter fine in the open.
. Curuba, banana passionfruit
. Feijoas
They were all from grocery fruits seeds i put on pots and left them outside last year.

More 3 mulberries arriving later this week or early next week from Italy. All already pretty big supposingly
. Morus Nigra Regina - already have 2 of these but smaller
. Mulberry Sangue e Latte
. One more Saharanpur/white pakistan

3 Likes

Today i got another loquat tree - tanaka variety. Already planted

And waiting for more 7 mulberry trees to arrive, bistrica, moldova pink, collier, another Illinois Everbearing, mulberry Sangue e latte and a another saharanpur - white pakistani

5 Likes

Some of my mulberries are budding out and starting to fruit, even the ones i planted a few weeks ago.

. Portugal (macroura type)

. Shangri la

. Pakistan

. Gerardi dwarf (thank God, for a few weeks i thought the graft was dead)

. 3 Nigras starting to bud out ( aalst, AGM and german unknown)

. Nigra King James starting to bud out also

. Black italian

. Pakistan from belgium

. Saharanpur - white pakistan

. Morus boninensis - japonese endangered mulberry

. Pakistan - clone 10 - hardy pakistan

. Illinois everbearing

. Lavandel

. Sugar cube

. Oscar

. Gelso nero

. Another shangri la

. Madeira mulberries, a few in ground, one in pot

. Gelso rosso

. Gelso bianco

. Weeping mulberry/pendula/ fruiting variety

7 Likes
1 Like

Soon i"ll receive a few cuttings of silk hope from a nice member here. I tried to root silk hope before and was never sucessful, that member also tried and never managed too. I"ll try grafting, but i am not very good on it…
I can graft to one of my cheap albas, or planatifolia mulberry. We’ll see if i manage to get at least one take

1 Like

Silk Hope is a M. alba cultivar?

1 Like