My mulberry and other fruits collection

You will not stop… just saying. :grin:

1 Like

And planted the dwarf Cavendish banana next to my Orinoco, one at each side

Also planted my rojo brilliante and coroa de rei persimmons, still deciding the spot for the fau fau

If you notice I planted the coroa de rei persimmon parallel to a big persimmon tree which belongs to my orchard neighboor… .the tree in the background

His tree is a beautiful tree with beautiful foliage and nice and big persimmons… No idea the cultivar… Any ideas?

5 Likes

Dwarf cavendish is much less cold hardy than orinoco… expect some cold damage on Dwarf cavendish plants…

1 Like

I’m terrible Luis… Couldn’t wait for the spring to plant it… Lol

1 Like

For what? The Da jiao?

The dwarf cavendish that I just bought :slight_smile:

1 Like

The da Jiao and primitive madeira banana send me at spring only :slight_smile: when u think it’s safe ahah

1 Like

Well i did the same thing… see it as a test. Even if aereal part die they will resprout.

1 Like

Couldn’t resist another feijoa to add to my feijoa hedge

2 Likes

And planted

Also choose the spot for the fau fau persimmon

Tasted a Natal plum/Carissa

And a purple araca

4 Likes

Do you have any Mulberry seeds to share?

I propagate them from cuttings or airlayers… I ate the fruits. No seeds

Dear Carl, you mentioned an morus alba variety called Portugese alba with very very large fruit. Would you recommend it? As in, does it grow well, produce well, taste well? And is it juicy? Thanks ia

Dear Carl, I have some questions about the Portugese alba with very very large fruit. Would you recommend it? As in, does it grow well, produce well, taste well? And is it juicy or dry? Also, when ripe the colour is dark/red correct? Thanks ia

1 Like

Never heard about that one, any info about it? By the way those plants are thick (persimmons), how old are they?

1 Like

Hi @Frgrowernl, it was the first year I had the Portuguese Cultivar in the ground, hard to give you a far review, but the first fruits were indeed big and with a good flavor, I put it in a full sun exposure and it didn’t struggle with the full sun and hot summer even being the first year in ground. I believe next season it will grow exponentially bigger and fruit even better. Once it’s ripe the colour is really dark, almost black

Hi! Did you saw my PM?

1 Like

@lilke fau fau persimmon is non adstringent, you eat it like an apple as soon as you collect it. No idea about its juiciness, as I never tried this one yet. But I believe my neighbors persimmon in the photo is a fau fau also - cant be sure though

3 Likes

@Luisport just now lol! Been very busy weeks working in the hospital with the covid pandemic as you can imagine. I’ll reply now. Thaaaanks Luis

2 Likes

I didn’t know you work on a hospital… Thank you and good luck! :+1:

2 Likes