My Orchard Projects

Great job @Poncho65. I see some tags that look familiar

:slightly_smiling_face:

Try spelling all those at a spelling bee!

1 Like

Those are my temp tags until I know for sure if they take. If they donthen they will get more permanent ones :+1: @Rosdonald

Been working some more on my front orchard! Mowed it a little closer this morning and have been removing smaller trees as well.

3 Likes

Peaches starting to form. I sprayed yesterday evening.

1 Like

Lots of different things blooming and leafing out

2 Likes

Bumblebee and butterfly

6 Likes

Watered my grafts today and they are looking good (to me). Tomorrow if I think, I am going to get some pics of some of my grafts. Seems like lots of takes so far :+1:

1 Like

Some of my grafts! Have lots andnlots of them.starting to come out!

These are my first grafts. They are all.pear tree grafts

2 Likes

Here are some apple and pear grafts on to rootstock. I forget which is which :man_facepalming: I can tell what is what on my phone because of the order they were taken but after sizing them down for easier upload they are out of order…

4 Likes

Some cherry blooms

4 Likes

Apples blooming and some that are just starting to bloom

3 Likes

A caterpillar on a graft and a hornet on a wild blueberry bush at the edge of my yard

2 Likes

An overall view of that blueberry. I have lots of these around the edge of my yard and they are very tasty!

1 Like

Also, does anyone know what this plant is? I have several of these and think it has been brought from the neigbors yard by birds :thinking:

1 Like

Mountain laurel, Kalmia latifolia. Beautiful flowers, native, likes acid soils.

2 Likes

Thank you for that @jcguarneri my wife will be hapoy to know that :+1: I will probably moved a few smaller ones into the yard and see how they do.

I also had just put a pic of this flower/plant in the 2020 Buds, Flowers and Fruit thread, could you perhaps id it as well…

1 Like

I’m not sure. Maybe some sort of Lamium?
I’m impressed with all your grafting! Looks like you’re off to a running start. You said this is your first year? That gives me some hope that I’ll manage OK!

1 Like

Yes, this is my first year! I was nervous at first but I am pretty comfortabke with blades in general so that part wasn’t what made me nervous, it was the lining up of the cambium layer that I was for sure I would get wrong…

I appreciate you looking at the plant and the Lamium may be a lead :+1:

I went with all cleft grafts for the most part. I did a few bark grafts on a couple bigger callery pears and I am not sure if those will make it or not. It is a little early yet, so hopefully they take as well. You should do fine, so don’t be nervous :+1:

1 Like

That looks like ajuga (Bugleweed) to me. great for pollinators!

2 Likes

Bumblebees have already been all over it :+1: I did get an id in the other thread for it but thanks for chiming in @RichardRoundTree

2 Likes