Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

I planted one last year and grafted it on about a dozen other trees. Maybe next year I will get a taste.

What did you graft it on. I have every stone fruit and am interested in what it is compatible with and which Grafting methods you are using successfully.

Drew,

My Nadia fruits are turning light purple now so they are way early than the rest of the plums, pluerry or pluots. The early ripening could be from the cherry parent?

Tony

Yes, cherries are almost all ripe here. Nadia is still green. Tayberries are ripe, one of my favorites, so I’m happy. White Gold Cherries are a week away, and honeyberries are ripe. I let them hang forever. I still may give them time. See how sweet I can get them. Not that worried about harvest on young plants. I want to figure out best time to harvest.

1 Like

I picked a couple fruit today,actually one had fallen off.They measured about 26 and 23 brix.Even with the high sugar,they don’t taste that great to me,when it comes to overall flavor.Could be too ripe?The jury is still out on this for me. Brady

6 Likes

They sure do look good though. Mine didn’t set any fruit yet. It sure does grow good. I had to prune it back. I put it in too tight of a spot. Next year will be my third year with it.

I grafted a Stanley plum onto my Nadia cherry. Just thought I’d try it since a pollenation chart showed they were compatible. Did it this spring and it’s growing. The graft took! I grafted a sweet cherry and it took off and today I noticed all the leaves have turned brown. Wonder what other cherry plum varieties would take and copollenate it? Not that important as I have a Santa Rosa plum 10 feet away. Anyone have other varieties of cherry plums?

1 Like

Those look to ripe, they seam to be best right as they slightly soften, around 20 to 22 brix.

2 Likes

Yeah,it’s funny how these things ripen.The one I picked about two days ago was a little soft and tasted good. Brady

2 Likes

I think my two trees just died. Both dropped their leaves overnight.

Not enough water?

Potted or in the ground? How old?

I water them every two days.

Potted.

Nadia number one is from 2015.

And number two from 2016.

I’d like to get a few scions from your White Gold Cherry. I’m here in Lincoln. I have lots of varieties of stone fruit and Lapin, Bing, Emperor Francis and Black Tartarian. Interested in trading?

PM sent

Why 2 of them happened the same time ? Fertilizer? Pictures please .Thanks.

Both of them just died sudendly.

Too bad . Will you order again ?