Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

Thank you so much. So I would plant Emerald Beaut plum and Candy heart pluerry as pollinators for
my Nadia plum, But their blooming time too early, temperature far below 60F so no bees around at all.

1 Like

Candy Heart may be okay for Nadia but Emerald Beaut blooms kind of late.I think Santa Rosa Plum makes the timing and Burgundy Plum.
But I’d get Emerald Beaut for the fruit alone. Brady

Thank you Brad. I have no more room for a other tree, but beside that I still have Elephant heart
And flavor greenade closed by, do you think it ok for all pollination.

Emerald beaut plum blooming the same time with Europian plum Brad?

Vincent, sound like it should be, let us know. We are all flying blind here.One of the best would be Santa Rosa since it pollinates the mother plum. Friar also is said to pollinate Black Amber the mother tree.

I’m not totally sure,but Elephant Heart and Flavor Grenade should be enough to pollinate Nadia.
My Emerald Beaut bloom was the last of the Japan Plums,at the tail end of when Nadia had the last full flowers.
These trees are in a greenhouse and my European Plums are outside in the ground,but I’d say Emerald Beaut probably blooms a couple weeks before them.
If there are no bees,try hand pollinating. Brady

Thank you, Drew sound very good to me.

Thank you Brad. Have you had a lot of fruit from your Emerald beaut plum?
I’m looking forward to see mine. Hopefully it’s not too long to wait.

Just one last year. The tree is still young and maybe a few more this time.
I went to the SF Bay area the last couple of years in the Fall and they are all in the farmers markets. Brady

I just like to make sure it’s ok in Pacific Northwest area. I can’t wait
until summer time to buy some from Sam Club. It’s so sweet and crisp
the best plum I ever eaten before. Brad.

I was contacted via Email by Raintree Staff and they said that my my Nadias will be shipped on April 11.

Why so late?
I placed my friend’s order a week before my order, and his order has already been shipped. It’s expected to arrive this Tuesday, April 5th.

Or maybe they are shipping them that late, so I could buy more trees from them. I always order a second order during that time period.

What kind of tree should I add to my order?

Sneaky buzzards aren’t they!!

I don’t hear you talking much about nectarines, my favorite fruit.

1 Like

I was thinking of Arctic Jay Nectarine, but it’s out of stock.

Raintree is notorious for shipping late the last few years. But this year my order was delivered on time.

Be me, it will be May before I see my order from Raintree.

1 Like

I think I may order a red-fleshed apple.

Don’t forget a pollinator.

1 Like

I’ll ask my neighbor for a cutting, then I’ll graft it onto the apple.

little chum tree

1 Like

Those chums are actually crosses between Sandcherries and Japanese plums, nevertheless, there’s a chum named “little chum” that is a true cross between a sweet cherry and a plum. The bad news is that it is only sold in Australia. It think it might be a Zaiger tree, but I’m not 100% sure.