New Sprayers 2022

In order to combat PC and other plagues on my trees this year. I invested in a new sprayer. I had wanted a backpack battery powered unit but I wasn’t happy with the prices or buying a battery other then the same I am using for my other eq.

I ended up getting a Ironton ATV Spot Sprayer - 8-Gallon Capacity, 1 GPM, 12 Volt for $79 but its now down to $59.

Amazon.com : Ironton ATV Spot Sprayer - 8-Gallon Capacity, 1 GPM, 12 Volt : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Because it was so much cheaper $9 vs $100 I got a telescoping spray rod from Aliexpress

Nuonuowell Agriculture High Pressure 2.4m Pesticides Spray Extension Bar Fishing Rod Type Spray Rod Fruit Tree Spraying - Garden Sprinklers - AliExpress

To improve my coverage I picked up some multi nozels

Agricultural Atomizing Sprayer Nozzle 1/2 1/4 Thread Bottle - AliExpress

My power is coming from portable jump starter from harbor freight
630 Peak Amp Portable Jump Starter and Power Pack with 250 PSI Air Compressor (harborfreight.com)

The sound you here is because irontron ships a cheap pump, with a pressure switch rathe then a reflux type pump.

the plastic on brass fitting of course leaks leeks.

Fortunately able to fix that with some thread lock from harbor freight.

1 Like

Nice setup Carroll. I was faced with exactly the same dilemma and opted for the ATV sprayer just like you did. I just wheel it around in my Gorilla Cart. I did get a voltage regulator and a couple of Makita battery bases so I can run it off of my existing Makita batteries. Been running it for a year now. Works like a dream.

2 Likes

Nice I am going to need to get a cart I didn’t realize how heavy it gets when filled.

1 Like