Nurseries list

Anyone ever ordered scions from this place? They have a really sweet persimmon section. They say they don’t use chemicals which must be why their stone fruit section was so thin.

4 Likes

I added them to the list, they look legit. They have an interesting assortment, lots more quince than about any other place for example.

1 Like

Found this place selling potted plants. Didn’t really have much I was interested in, but they have a MASSIVE fig selection and a decent jujube-pawpaw section. Located in PA.

5 Likes

Thanks I added it. Many of us know this nursery and @Bass has at various points been active here … not sure how it missed making the list!

2 Likes

I would recommend adding Fruitwood Nursery onto the list as well. I got very good quality scions and cuttings from them this spring and can’t complain about the price.

2 Likes

They are under “Scionwood Sources” thread.

https://growingfruit.org/t/scionwood-sources/3346

2 Likes

Thanks for that, definitely need to check that list out! I thought it would be here since Mad Cat was mentioned on the list and I believe they’re all scions right now. Also, Fruitwood sells rootstock, seedlings, and rooted cuttings, so I think they deserve a mention here.

2 Likes

Yes! They are the only online/mail order nursery I found that sells ungrafted avocado rootstocks, period. At great prices and they arrived in excellent condition, too!

Unfortunately (for my limited situation), they only currently offer seedlings of Bacon, Fuerte, and Zutano, none of which have proven hardy enough for my location, even buried low to cover the graft. But when I inquired about other seedlings they said that they plan to start offering a wider range of avocado seedlings within a few years, but their mother trees aren’t big enough yet for that.

1 Like

23 - 24 Catalog for Cumberland Valley Nursery :saluting_face:

Sorry for it not being in pdf. I don’t have the same set up that I did when I uploaded it before and did this from my phone. Hopefully people can still read through and enjoy :+1:

2 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

@Poncho65 I’ve combined your images into single pdf file
2023-2024-catalog.pdf (2.5 MB)

4 Likes

Though they ship only to a handfull of states…you could have them shipped to your friends house and then pick them up later…or take a little vacation to Tennessee.

If I had a place for a peach orchard, I’d drive and get a truckload of trees.

2 Likes

Nice catalog.

1 Like

Thanks for that :+1:

1 Like

It is just the Rutgers Cultivars I think they don’t ship to Kentucky. The rest they do.

Frankly I’ve made several buying trips in my lifetime to McMinnville, TN…and I’d do so again if
it seemed I needed to. :slight_smile:

I’ve been though McMinnville a few times over the years. Nice town.

Do you mail catalogs out? I would love to get my hands on a catalog. LMK Thanks

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. No, they just send them to me yearly. I guess once you get on the mailing list you stay on it for at least a few years :+1: I am just glad to be able to share it online with all of you :fist_right::fist_left:

1 Like