Nurseries list

They are under “Scionwood Sources” thread.

https://growingfruit.org/t/scionwood-sources/3346

2 Likes

Thanks for that, definitely need to check that list out! I thought it would be here since Mad Cat was mentioned on the list and I believe they’re all scions right now. Also, Fruitwood sells rootstock, seedlings, and rooted cuttings, so I think they deserve a mention here.

2 Likes

Yes! They are the only online/mail order nursery I found that sells ungrafted avocado rootstocks, period. At great prices and they arrived in excellent condition, too!

Unfortunately (for my limited situation), they only currently offer seedlings of Bacon, Fuerte, and Zutano, none of which have proven hardy enough for my location, even buried low to cover the graft. But when I inquired about other seedlings they said that they plan to start offering a wider range of avocado seedlings within a few years, but their mother trees aren’t big enough yet for that.

1 Like

23 - 24 Catalog for Cumberland Valley Nursery :saluting_face:

Sorry for it not being in pdf. I don’t have the same set up that I did when I uploaded it before and did this from my phone. Hopefully people can still read through and enjoy :+1:

2 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

@Poncho65 I’ve combined your images into single pdf file
2023-2024-catalog.pdf (2.5 MB)

4 Likes

Though they ship only to a handfull of states…you could have them shipped to your friends house and then pick them up later…or take a little vacation to Tennessee.

If I had a place for a peach orchard, I’d drive and get a truckload of trees.

2 Likes

Nice catalog.

1 Like

Thanks for that :+1:

1 Like

It is just the Rutgers Cultivars I think they don’t ship to Kentucky. The rest they do.

Frankly I’ve made several buying trips in my lifetime to McMinnville, TN…and I’d do so again if
it seemed I needed to. :slight_smile:

I’ve been though McMinnville a few times over the years. Nice town.

Do you mail catalogs out? I would love to get my hands on a catalog. LMK Thanks

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. No, they just send them to me yearly. I guess once you get on the mailing list you stay on it for at least a few years :+1: I am just glad to be able to share it online with all of you :fist_right::fist_left:

1 Like

On an impulse I placed an order last week from Pipsqueak Nursery which appears to be a very small and fairly new operation. They have a number of varieties I haven’t found anywhere else outside of scionwood like Pipsqueak and Sandow.

Trees look great and were well-packaged and promptly shipped. As a nice surprise they included a full extra tree with a hand-written note saying it would do well in my climate. Really pleased with my order!

5 Likes

Thanks for the link. Nice review from you. I will check their varieties. I need a few replacement trees for this spring.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if there are reasons they don’t show up in our lists, but I’ve had some interesting fruiting plants from https://www.quackingrassnursery.com. Wayne has said he is thinking about retiring after this year’s season. Most of what I’ve ordered from him I rarely see elsewhere.

1 Like

Epicenter has a stellar reputation for avocados Santa Cruz, Ca. :avocado: Epicenter Avocados

My security says there’s something about that link it doesn’t like.?