Nurseries list

Shipping about 10% of cost of plants from HoneyberryUSA! I first thought them a little pricey…but not really, shipping considered.

3 Likes

It’s $20 for the first 4 plants under 2 foot. Shipping to the east.

1 Like

Glad to see a review of Mehrabyan. I almost ordered from them for this year, they had a lot of the cultivars I was looking for. But their prices seemed ‘too good to be true’ and I had never heard of them before, so I held off.

1 Like

im planning to order from fedco trees and ac nursery (first time) how is the the quality of the trees? how is shipping?

1 Like

I ordered a Lavina plum on prunus americana and a Dana Hovey on OHxf 97 last Spring from Fedco. They were about a size of a twig/chopstick/pencil and 3-3.5 ft long. Each costs $32.5, shipping $22.5 + tax of $4 with a total of $91 for two trees. They are still alive and growing.

There are a few trees I want to order from AC nursery, but their minimum order is 5 trees now.

Wait until the end of this month and check out Mehrabyan Nursery’s inventory. They have a wide variety of fruit trees and the pricing is pretty decent. From last year’s pricing, apple was $17, stone fruit was $24. They were the same size as Cummin’s grade 1 (1/2 to 5/8 inch). Shipping started at $30 and $3 increment with additional tree. Communication was great. I would order from them again. If you search on this site, everyone has positive experience with them.

5 Likes

Thanks for the helpful list of nurseries @scottfsmith.

One more great Apple nursery you might want to add to your list of Canadian nurseries is Apple Lucious on Salt Spring Island, BC.

4 Likes

Done!

3 Likes

Has anyone purchased from chiefrivernursery.? Apple Trees For Sale, Apple Saplings For Sale, Wild Apple Trees - Chief River Nursery

2 Likes

No. But the thought has entered my mind a time or two. Things like plugs of evergreen trees, seedling viburnum bushes, etc.

I’ve not considered them for apples and such.
Be interested to hear of actual experiences.

1 Like

Here is a couple of lists of other nurseries that may have something you cant find elsewhere.

If you just want to resell trees and maybe want to make money landscaping…the cheapest and biggest selection of trees ive seen are here. .50 and up.

1 Like

Unfortunately I found this thread only after receiving my order from Rich Farm Garden Supply. I should’ve checked them before ordering, but I was too excited to find the rootstocks available. I ordered 50 1/4 inch Mahalebs and 50 1/4 inch Pyrus betulaefolia. I received 49 1/8 inch Mahalebs and 47 1/8 inch betulaefolias. Maybe just a few of each kind can pass for 1/4 inches, but most are unusable for grafting this year. I’m not going to try recovering my payment, as I will still use what I can. I contacted this supplier already twice, but have not heard back. Putting this thread up, as many of us are now desperate to find the rootstocks. This is not the place I’m going back to get any products from.

5 Likes

I ordered Texas persimmon (D. texana) seeds from them two years in a row.

The first time, none of them germinated at all. I thought maybe it was my fault, so ordered them again the next year. That time, they sprouted, but they are definitely not texana, they look like virginiana or maybe lotus.

When I emailed about it, they never responded.

1 Like

I hope my pear rootstock is the species I ordered

2 Likes

@Marta

Give this company FRUIT TREE SEEDLINGS | Willamette Nurseries rootstock clonal seedling fruit tree ornamental seedlings a try on your rootstocks like Pyrus betulaefolia if you want to buy in quantity.

3 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Anyone ever ordered scions from this place? They have a really sweet persimmon section. They say they don’t use chemicals which must be why their stone fruit section was so thin.

4 Likes

I added them to the list, they look legit. They have an interesting assortment, lots more quince than about any other place for example.

1 Like

Found this place selling potted plants. Didn’t really have much I was interested in, but they have a MASSIVE fig selection and a decent jujube-pawpaw section. Located in PA.

5 Likes

Thanks I added it. Many of us know this nursery and @Bass has at various points been active here … not sure how it missed making the list!

2 Likes

I would recommend adding Fruitwood Nursery onto the list as well. I got very good quality scions and cuttings from them this spring and can’t complain about the price.

2 Likes