Nursery Label Printers Recommendations Needed

Just like the title says, I need nursery label printer recommendations. I’d like to be able to print both the loop style tags and tags that you just stick down along the side of a pot, if possible, but I will accept recommendations for printers that only print the latter as well. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This one is the one that I use, if you get the ‘Laminated TZe tapes’ then the labels can be used on pots outdoors, technically you can stick them on any kind of tag you like, and of course directly on to a pot Brother PT-D210 P-touch Label Maker PtouchDirect

2 Likes

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your reply!

1 Like

@alanmercieca

What type of printer do you use with those labels? Strangely, AM Leonard doesn’t sell printers (I have asked them), they only sell printer labels.

1 Like

The link I shared shows the printer, it’s a portable one made just for printing labels

I tried to blow the photo up to see what it’s called but I can’t make out the name and it’s not listed in the description. Do you know the name of the printer that you’ve been using? I’m sorry to keep asking about this…

That is odd that the link is not working right for you, it’s the ‘Brother PT-D210 P-touch Label Maker with Tape’, https://www.ptouchdirect.com has it on sale for $34.99, if you spend over $49 then the shipping is free, I bought the printer plus some ‘Laminated TZe tapes’ to get the free shipping. Here is a video of it

4 Likes

Thank you, I really appreciate all the extra work you put into posting this information for me.

1 Like

For home use the P-touch works well. There’s a more expensive one around $100 that you can hook to your computer. I’m debating on getting one. For larger quantities you can get something like this.

I’m sure that’s $1,000s though.

2 Likes

Yes, this is along the lines of what I am looking for, thanks, Travis. Have you worked with the model that you linked?

1 Like

I know that a printer makes it look more professional… but technically it is still ink that is printed right? I picked up a couple of new Sharpie Extreme which are supposed to be more ‘permanant’.

Is the ink in the printer more durable than a Sharpie Extreme?

Other than the professional look what advantage does a printer have over a Sharpie? Doesnt it take longer to type in what you want?

Also i watched a nursery video in which the guy said that writing in No. 2 Pencil lasts longer than any ink… is that true?

3 Likes

This is a good thought, especially when the printer above costs 4500.00, lol. Thanks for your post. :slight_smile:

I’ve used a laserjet for years. Doesn’t work on inkjet Labels come 20 per sheet. Use template in Microsoft Word. They last a few years. About 5ct/label but have to buy 1,000 labels in a package.

6 Likes

What printer are you using?

No I haven’t, I just found it. I did a little more searching because I often see them posted in some groups I’m in. It looks like you can use standard thermal label printers like for shipping tags. You just need the correct labels to feed in the same. A couple models I’ve seen are TSC TTP-247 and Zebra Desktop TLP 2844. Looks like you can get them used for a pretty reasonable price.

1 Like

This is the one I have been using for years. Great little machine.

3 Likes

I use LaserJet P1102W

1 Like

Mike, i am curious- how long does the ink stay visible on your tags? I assume they are subject to the elements 24/7?
Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, they do fade with time. That is the only downside. I usually try putting some tape over them to keep the print on a little longer.

2 Likes

Thanks! I like the idea of a neatly printed label. My hand written labels are never as neat as I would like.

1 Like