Pawpaw, Emerald Beaut Plum and others fruits trees in Seattle areas Pacific Northwest

@jxz7245 The Nadia i had now from local nursery .
My Emerald Beaut plum from Raintree.

Most of the Pluots and Asian Plums I have,bloom too early for the bees to be out,so yes,hand pollination is part of my routine.bb

2 Likes

I think some of pluots or Asian plums also have little partial self fertile even the information didn’t indicate it . If my matured trees do not have any fruits for a long time or not too good quality in flavor or too much diseases … I will replace them with something else .
9.11.19 . I would like to post pictures of my very first pawpaw fruits here in Seattle.

Our 1st ripened Pawpaw. October 19.2019
Our tiny Taytwo pawpaw ripen in not perfect condition, but the tastes is excellent , very good smelling and really sweet.
Trái Taytwo pawpaw đầu tiên chín , không được hoàn hảo lắm, hương vị ngọt, thơm, ngon tuyệt vời.

4 Likes

I tasted Sugar Twist (65gram) and Sweet Treat pluerries in stage of unripe crunchy today . They are really tasty sweet and sour. I like Sweet Treat a lot . Hopefully I have more next year. 7.22.19

5 Likes

Nadia Cherry Plum In Seattle areas.

The right time to pick Nadia Cherry Plum In Seattle areas 7.31.19
They’re very sweet with some cherry texture flavor.

Pawpaw in Seattle areas (10.22.19)

5 Likes

Our Nc1 pawpaw (October 25th.19) Tasting Excellent flavor for both varieties.

Taytwo pawpaw

8 Likes

Beautiful! Congrats.

2 Likes

Pawpaw and Iris under the rain.

10 Likes

5 Likes

My 1st Cosmic Crisp Apple (7.11.20)

10 Likes

I hope yours finishes well. Mine lost all the spring growth to deer.

2 Likes

Congrats, I think I’m at least 2 years out on mine.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s fruiting not even has pollinators near by.
Let’s see how it performs in Western of Washington. Thank you all.

2 Likes

Vincent, thanks for the great report.

My plums didn’t do so well this year. It was chilly when they were in bloom. Asian plums bloom very early here. Most years, they do much better. I always seem to get some Shiro, and that looks possible this year too. I have a Flavor King pluot, but no fruit yet. It doesn’t get much care.

On Pawpaws, how are yours doing? My Allegheny and Sunflower both died at the graft. They have new shoots from below the graft that I will let grow. I still have Mango, which was slow to grow but this year has one bunch of fruit, and NC-1 which bloomed first so there wasn’t much to pollinate it with the later blooming Mango and no fruit this year. I have 4 pots of pawpaw seedlings, Sunflower or hybrids of Sunflower and NC-1. AT two years, they are still very small.

5 Likes

I wonder when it is ripe.

2 Likes

Don’t know yet, specially in Western of Washington. But we like enjoy green Apple as well.

1 Like

Hi Daniel.
Our pawpaw looking great and Taytwo are fruiting well. Only my Wells Pawpaw was death, maybe because of too much fertilizer (first time fertilization) but a lot of little shots come back from the ground I will replace new one next Fall. Because Wells pawpaw is very late ripening .
Thank you for all information from your website. Every things look great and you are working so hard for your garden.

12 Likes

Nice, Vincent!

Looks like you could use some FE or Nitrogen. I saw Neal Peterson suggest that for the leaves of pawpaws looking the same as yours.

Dax

3 Likes

Cal-mag plus.
https://www.amazon.com/Botanicare-CAL-MAG-Plant-Supplement-Formula/dp/B004JKBMRW
Maybe potash as well, if it does not totally green up.
1 tsp cal-mag plus per 10 gallons with every watering is great when you want to push cal-mag, but not cause a spike in nitrogen.

3 Likes

Thank you Dax.

1 Like