Pawpaw, Emerald Beaut Plum and others fruits trees in Seattle areas Pacific Northwest

Thank you so much for your comments.

2 Likes

Rosy Gage plum.
Excellent Plum but very little of fruits for this year.
Mận Rosy Gage.
Quá ngon nhưng trái lại rất ít trong năm nay.

7 Likes

Greengage Plum.
Mận Châu Âu Greengage.

6 Likes

Desert King Fig .
The most recommended fig to grow in Pacific Northwest.

12 Likes

Yellow egg plum.

8 Likes

She said: it’s probably about 4 dozens. I just received 2 pictures from her.(08.19.20)

7 Likes

Are these like a prune plum? How do they compare to Italian Prune, or Brooks? Are they good?

2 Likes

Which one are you asking? I have a few different varieties listed above Jafar.
If you would like to know about Stanley plum, they’re prune plum, fruiting well and no diseases . I like them a lot more than Italian plum. Specially ripen in August before raining. Really sweet, flavorful, smaller fruit size than Italian and maybe a little clingstone but tasing more delicious than Italian plum to me.

2 Likes

Sorry. I was asking about Yellow Egg.

2 Likes

@murky. Yellow Egg,! they’re biggest size plum in the garden. Fruiting well, Fruits look so handsome. Some information from Sky nursery said they’re in Gage family. Tell you the true: I didn’t like much the yellow eggs‘ favors. It’s very bland, less sweet , boring for fresh eating , Excellent for making jam or cooking. So It may not a prune plum. Maybe because Some previous picked a little early before squirrels pay attention . So this year I decide keeping some fruits on the tree to death ripe to taste them again.

8 Likes

No plums for me this year in Vancouver WA. I had cherries though. No fig or persimmons. The latter was lacking nitrogen and was terribly yellow green until I added some.

2 Likes

Pawpaw seedling updates. 8.20.20.

6 Likes

Good job. The seeds I bought this year were moldy and dead. I am not sure about growing pawpaw in this climate, so I am trying to avoid much of an investment. I am beginning to think that bloom date may be nearly as important as GDD requirements. I am thinking that early blooming may translate into more GDD, and may be preferable to a late bloomer with low GDD requirement. Right now, it looks like the KY Champion variety may have low enough GDD to consistently finish fruit.
It would be nice if there was more data available on bloom times and GDD requirements.

2 Likes

Greengage Plum.8.24.20

is

10 Likes

Cosmic Crisp Apple updating (8.29.20)
Really good size Apple in Western of Washington.

9 Likes

Very nice. The deer got mine this Spring, and it didn’t recover as well as I would like. I will be lucky to get fruit next year. I hope you get good flavor and sugar in yours. The ones I tasted right when they hit the market were great.

3 Likes

This Cosmic Crisp seems like ahead of the others varieties in my garden. Fruits really good size. Hopefully the flavor is great. I am very happy with it.

3 Likes

Do you think it is early because it is the first crop?
Jonagold and Gala have been big winners for me. I read that they are the only major commercial varieties grown in W. Washington. I thinned the Gala early, and the fruit size is pretty good. I should harvest the first Gala in ~2 weeks, and Jonagold in ~4 weeks.

2 Likes

I have no idea for the first year with little tree. The only thing i am sure Cosmic Crisp will be heavy fruiting even no pollinators near by.

3 Likes

Cosmic Crisp Apple. (September 9th 2020.)
The great tasting Apple for family. They ripped perfectly well in Western Washington areas.

12 Likes