Pawpaw, Emerald Beaut Plum and others fruits trees in Seattle areas Pacific Northwest

That looks great. What rootstock is yours on?

2 Likes

@nil I think M26. Semi dwarf from Raintree nursery.

3 Likes

Mine was a maiden whip on m26, from Burnt Ridge. The deer ate so much new growth, I would be surprised if it flowers next year. The deer like to cut through our yard to avoid a heavy-traffic road. I will have to close up the gaps in the fence, or cage the trees.
One deer broke part of a neighbor’s fence, and got trapped in her back yard all night. The stupid thing stripped her gardens bare.

3 Likes

Vincent,
If your tree really is on M27, it will be super dwarf rootstock. It will needs staking.

M7 is a semi dwarf rootstock. It tends to lean if not stake.

2 Likes

@nil @mamuang
Sorry for the mistake. My Cosmic Crisp Apple on M26 rootstock.

2 Likes

Interesting. I bought mine for 2018 from Raintree and it was on MM106. That was a first for me, I generally use M26, but that was all they had available.

3 Likes

What variety is it?

1 Like

Cosmic Crisp

2 Likes

Harvested some Shenandoah pawpaw fruits today.

12 Likes

No fruits yet? Hopefully next Spring. MM106 rootstock will creates bigger size of Apple trees than M26. More fruits later.

1 Like

Wow. Looking great, hopefully my Shenandoah will fruit next coming season Tony.

2 Likes

Agreed, probably 2022 for fruiting. I don’t see any flower buds or spurs yet. It got a little set back by deer and minimal watering last year. It’s by mature trees that don’t need water so was easy to overlook.

2 Likes

Some more Cosmic Crisp to come.

7 Likes

So glad it is a good tree for you Vincent. Thanks for sharing your pics.

2 Likes

Kikusui Asian Pear. (September 29th.20)
Excellent flavor, crisp, juicy and super sweet…

9 Likes

Do you eat the skin on any of your asian pears?

2 Likes

You can, but I refer not. Even on European pear.

1 Like

Giombo persimmon. 10.12th.20

4 Likes

Harvesting Giombo and Saijo persimmon today November 1st. 20.

9 Likes

In this side-by-side pic is Giombo on left and Saijo on right? They look great!!

2 Likes