Pear Rust

I skipped the fungicide in my first cover spray of the season, and that was a mistake… Would infuse be as effective as immunox?

I think Infuse has propiconazole, right? My impression is myclobutanil (Immunox) is more effective than anything else. I find for rusts and for black rot there is nothing coming close to myclobutanil.

I personally use Eagle 40EW, it is myclobutanil in a more bulk package … one container has lasted me about ten years.

3 Likes

Yes, infuse has propioconazole. Immunox is not good enough for Brown Rot, and I am trying to minimize the chemical load in my sprays (that’s why I skipped fungicide in my first spray) as well as the number of bottles I have. I guess I can use Immunox in my first cover and Infuse in my second.

1 Like

I’ve been using copper for dormant and sulfur during this growing season due to Immunox “myclobutanil”, not being registered for fruiting pears. Seems to be working ok. I have not been able to find a good fungicide for pears that is registered to be used on them.

1 Like

@clarkinks has a posting about Immunox and pears: Fungicides for pears for home users

2 Likes

@Nfg831_Z6b
Go to this site:
http://www.cdms.net/LabelsSDS/CDMSSearch

Under Product Type, select Fungicide.
In the Crop, enter “Pear”.
In the Pest 1, enter “rust”.
Under State, select “Virginia”.

Scroll down and press Next.
Among all the listed pear types, just click “Pear” and press Next.

You’ll get a long list of products. Only examine the products with fungicide in their name. For example, click on Aprovia® Fungicide. On that page, click on Active Ingredients for that information. If you click on Labeled Pests, you’ll see “Leaf rust” is listed. To read the whole label, click on Labels/SDS.

4 Likes

Thank you for that. I’m trying to keep things legal incase I decide to sell in the future. Right now my trees are still young. I also plan on getting my personal spray license , and that should open up more options.

1 Like