Persimmon fruit 2020

Come on down… the more, the merrier! I wish you could bring your cherry trees…I love cherries but they don’t like it here.

3 Likes

They look lile Rojo Brillante to me… But they also look like they have been frozen! they look sort of glassy-translucent. Are they soft?

I wonder what causes this kind of mosaic appearance/cracking effect in the skin. I also have it on some of my persimmon varieties. strange…some have it some don’t.

1 Like

Hi! I really don’t know, but like you some have and some don’t. Regarding the flavour they don’t have any diference… they are all very sweet! :yum:

2 Likes

Here is my Tecumseh astringent kaki with the fruit starting to turn orange. I don’t expect any to be ripe for at least another month or so

9 Likes

Here is my Giombo tree. I’ve already had several ripe fruit and most are close now. It has a much lighter crop than last year, and it seems to be prone to alternating between large and small crops every season.

16 Likes

@ncdabbler very nice trees. I’ll be glad when my two fruit…maybe next year!

2 Likes

My neighbor tree… No idea the cultivar

My little trees planted today
. Coroa de Rei
. Rojo Brilliante
. Fau Fau

12 Likes

My Eureka from scionwood you sent me is about 8ft now, but it dropped all its fruit this year. Maybe next year!

6 Likes

100-46 looks like a hybrid.image

8 Likes

That’s about right. Mine dropped fruit one year but kept 50-60 the next year and keeps setting more and more. I cut scion from it but it’s probably only about 8-8 1/2 foot.

Just picked my first Tam Kam and then realized I shouldn’t have. The stem and cap were still bright green. Just too impatient!!

14 Likes

Wow , that’s big !

2 Likes

Katy,
That was an impressive size for a persimmon. My Tam Kam grafted from last year, flowered and set fruit this year but was able to hold on to its fruit,

I finally have 9 Nikita’s Gift hold on to maturity :grin:

I will leave them on the tree as long as poosible.

13 Likes

Those look great!! I’m excited for you. This Tam Kam is my only non astringent to fruit so I am (too) anxiously awaiting!!

2 Likes

Finally starting to get color. A few ripe ones.

17 Likes

How old is your RB tree, Bob? I love the size and the shape.

2 Likes

I have to guess, maybe 5 years at most. I had written down most of my grafts, finding it, is another story. Posted this tree last year with a whole lot more. Bought the R/B tree in 2012, grafted from it maybe In 2014 or 15.
This is another tree, a year younger, being growing down hill a bit it grows much stronger.It gets a lot nutritions from my container citrus trees overflow. Even that figtree next door benefits the same way.

12 Likes

Tam Kam (non astringent) on left
Eureka (astringent) on right

Can be easily mixed up… :flushed:
Ask me how I know… :confounded:
:joy::joy::joy:

13 Likes

That could be a very dangerous situation for the taste buds @k8tpayaso!

6 Likes