Red himalayan mulberry?/taiwan long fruit mulberry? Vs pakistan mulberry

Last red himalayan mulberry of the season:

4 Likes

I have DMOR 09, no berries yet

2 Likes

Dmor 09

5 Likes

Yes, that looks like DMOR9.
Mine was grafted this year and grew 5 feet. Already up from 1 gallon to 10 gallon. It fruited but I removed the berries so it can focus on growing.

5 Likes

Yes, I have DMOR9, it does grow well. I grafted it on a few trees and they are taking off now.

My Red Himalayan and Australian Green trees are so large, I have been chopping down large branches and giving away the cuttings on TFF. I do like the taste of the Red Himalayan but it is a skinny fruit.

Ram, when your Skinner graft gets larger next year, can you save me one cutting so I can graft it and compare the fruits? This one seems to be hard to find anyone that has a fruiting tree (except Marta) and will sell cuttings of it.

2 Likes

Will do. Its not as vigorous growing unfortunately as my DMOR9 – I have multiples of DMOR9. But only one Skinner survived.

Btw Harvey also sells cuttings of skinner.

2 Likes

I have a white Pakistani mulberry which has same kind of leaves as DMOR9. It came from Turkey. Indeed it is a Morus macroura, not Morus wittiorum as those Himalayan ones with slender and longer fruits.

2 Likes

I noticed on my trees, as they get older, there seems to more of these random 3 finger looking leaves like the DMOR9. But you will not get these leaves on the entire branch, only a few here and there. I get these leaves you show on my White Pakistan, Australian Green, and Black Pakistan. But the DMOR9 leaves seems to be consistent with these 3 finger leaves on most of the tree. I also have another variety called Thom’s Super Pakistan which does the same thing, every 2 or 3 leaves will have this pattern.

1 Like

Chicken Claw mulberry

Taiwan Long

Taiwan Long Red

3 Likes

A seedling of Morus macroura

3 Likes

how are you growing these macrouras in the interior of Russia? In pots I imagine. Curious to know a little bit about your methods and experience. I have a DMOR9 and a Persian nigra in pots here, but theyre only a few years old

1 Like

No, I’m a crazy Russian and have them in open ground.
However they don’t really appreciate that and die up to ground level each season. But! some of them are bigger and thicker year after year, other ones are weak and some even died totally.

The main problem is with “cotton” inside the growth: the wood does not become mature before winter. I don’t really know if they become stronger with years, but will see. It really happens with large-leaved mulberries.

2 Likes

Luis, glad you posted the Taiwan Long Red. Now I’m pretty positive my Red Himalayan is the same one from comparing your leaves to my tree. Check out the leaves on my large tree that I cut back yesterday, very similar pattern.,

2 Likes

Yes i saw, that’s why i post my pic trees too… yes i agree it’s the same variety.

1 Like

Didn’t you have a huge meteorite fall in your town a few years ago? The photos were incredible.

2 Likes

Here’s my Red Himalayan tree that I cut some branches off last night.

3 Likes

Yep, exactly. The explosion broke glasses in many houses.

4 Likes

Yeah, that must have been wild and surreal. I saw a Randall Carlson video where he talked about this event. He had some wild footage that he showed very briefly. I was trying to track it down at one point.

1 Like

Completely off topic but here it is –

2 Likes

Best place to order Himalayan graft wood in the states?