Scionwood sources

Horne Creek. They are a preservation farm in North Carolina. They have a couple different Facebook pages.

2 Likes

No idea they quit accepting orders so early. Sorry to hear it. I must have gotten my order in just in time with them! Thanks for an updated list :+1:

1 Like

Sure, you REALLY don’t. But what the heck , just a couple more won’t hurt, right?

4 Likes

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get scion wood of crimson crisp, and if so, where? Or is that patented or something?

I really don’t have room for another apple tree…

2 Likes

Co-op 39, patent expires 2025 I think. Looks like Adams County Nursery is licensed for it.

3 Likes

Thx

1 Like

Good day! I would like to buy or exchange heart-shaped and black walnut cuttings. I have a small garden with a collection of frost-hardy walnuts and their hybrids that successfully bear fruit up to 55 degrees north latitude. There is also a collection of fruiting hazelnut varieties in zone 3. I am in Russia. Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Don’t post scionwood exchanges here please, they go in the Trading Post.

6 Likes

For Canadians some of our scion wood sources that were commercial have dried up. Many smaller groups are moving to FB. One great source is the FB page Canadian Scion and Edible Plant Exchange. Some you have to buy, some you can trade and you have the ability to post items you are looking for.

2 Likes

Question to our friends in Canada. I’ve been attempting to use the GRIN-CA lookup (the first link in the Canadian sources list - [http://pgrc3.agr.gc.ca/order-ordre_e.html](Plant Gene Resources of Canada)) and every search on the collection ends up in a 503 error, suggesting some search server is down, but its been that way for months. Is there an alternate way for folks to query what is in the GRIN-CA collection of cultivars (I’m interested in Apples primarily). Just curious!

2 Likes

NM - looks like it is up and running again - painful to use - but working at least!

3 Likes

Go to the following and click on passport, they are the same thing, and the spelling can vary, ‘Comtesse’ verses ‘Comptesse’ https://npgsweb.ars-grin.gov/gringlobal/accessiondetail?id=1128341

1 Like

Review of Threefold Farms scion wood order.

Large selection of persimmon. Package arrived very quickly after ordering. Scion looks great and packaged very nicely. Much appreciated, @timclymer.

18 Likes

Glad all went well in the shipment. Thanks for the order and good luck with grafting!

3 Likes

@Sparty

Those look great!

1 Like

Threefold Farm sells really high quality stuff- has my seal of approval. I visited a couple years ago- a picture postcard beautiful farm on rich limestone soil. Worth a trip.

7 Likes

It looks like Masonville orchards sold their operation to Three Trees Orchard (not to be confused with the above mentioned Threefold Farm) and it looks like they are continuing their scion wood sales: Three Trees Orchard - apples, pears and plums — Three Trees Orchard

6 Likes

Thanks, updated the list!

1 Like

Anyone had any luck getting hold of Gil at Skipley Farm. Specifically asks you to email before ordering to confirm availability, but I’ve seen no response from repeated emails.

2 Likes

Nobody else is answering emails either it seems…I’ve got two I’ve enquired and or ordered and haven’t a clue at this point if they’re in the grave or hibernating?