Show Off Your Figs and "This year Harvest"

10-12-2019 Figo Preto, Black Madeira, Verdal Longue, Large Green Madeira.

10 Likes

11 Likes

Last few of the season here.

12 Likes

White Madeira #1 is really tasty fig. Thanks Steven for swapping.

Tony

12 Likes

Wow! This looks perfectly ripened, Tony! Amazing for this late in the season when the weather gets cooler. Is the flavor similar to Black Madeira?

2 Likes

It is Jammies, better than Battaglia Green and the rest of the Adriatic type of figs. Right there with the Black Madeira. Btw, Soccoro Black is a excellent fig with all these top tiers.

Tony

Black Madeira

9 Likes

Good Lord those are huge and look great! Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Great Pics everyone and what an awesome varieties you guys have, hope some day I can chive in! Thanks for sharing

1 Like

its interesting that one of the smallest (dwarf) trees produces the biggest figs, at least among the ones I’ve seen!

2 Likes

Picked these today. Can not believe I am still harvesting figs ! :sunglasses:

Sweet Joy 10-24-2019

U. Prosciutto 10-24-2019

11 Likes

My last Strawberry Verte of the season…

13 Likes

13 Likes

Black Madeira KK left and Figo Preto right harvested today 10-29-2019 :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Longue d’Aout ( LDA ) 10-29-2019

GM 172 (Gozo Girl) 10-29-2019

10 Likes

Carini 10-29-2019

Genovese Nero AF 11-01-2019

Can use use few more days but picked due to hard frost was coming.

4 Likes

Left to right: Littman’s, Den Amoros, Bordissot Negra Rimada, Socorro Green

13 Likes

These harvested today 11-11-2019 :sunglasses:

Black Tuscan 11-11-2019

Black Maderia KK 11-11-2019

11 Likes

Your figs look amazing. Love seeing your varieties. Thank you for sharing. I hope to one day have my own to show

3 Likes

All these beautiful pictures have me itching to take on more projects! I’m constantly amazed by the diversity.

@SMC_zone6 Are you growing any in ground, or is everything in pots or otherwise protected?

I do a mix of pots and in ground. I tend to get a fair amount of vole damage on my in ground figs, so that’s making me reconsider how many varieties I can have and how I can grow them.

1 Like