Show Off Your Figs and "This year Harvest"

Galicia Negra fig. This is the first time I have tried it. Spectacular color. I don’t know if the picture shows it, but it is incredible dark, very striking. Flavor was very sweet, not much berry flavor IMO, but very tasty classic fig flavor.

13 Likes

RDB

9 Likes

Bourjasotte grise :heart: This one was very delicious

9 Likes

All my potted figs are out since April 5th. Also notice reasonable cold damage on branches.

5 Likes

Here’s our VdB sporting a Mamme crop. I’ve checked several of the syconium but not found any B. psenes eggs yet.

10 Likes

Good having you back on the forum Richard! I missed your posts for the past couple of years…

4 Likes

Glad to see you back Richard. Hope all is well!

1 Like

Figs are on the way!

3 Likes

Here are some figs that overwintered on the tree.

5 Likes

Do mamme ripen for you Richard? They never ripen here in Napa.

Nope! Between 10/1 and 4/1 we’ll accumulate 100 to 200 hours between 35°F and 45°F and the mamme become hard as rocks, eventually falling off with leaf-out. They’re just starting now. The chill though is very good for my ultralow pit fruits.

Then we also have spells of warm Santa Ana weather off and on that lasts 3-4 days. In September my Pisang Ceylon banana flowered and the bunch ripened during the “winter”.

2 Likes

First picture is bass’ favorite, definitely picked it too early. It felt ripe, but clearly wasn’t, very big though! Second pick is another bourjasotte gris which was phenomenal. Figs are doing great in the greenhouse!

12 Likes

Here is a little update on my figs 05-04-22. All inground figs survived without any protection at all only one branch of Malta Black got some winter damage. As you can see there are lot of breba figs formed. On the other hand potted figs got lot of damage in shed need lot of pruning to remove dead wood.

10 Likes

You have a fig forest Naeem! :blush:

3 Likes

That Bourjasotte Grise certainly looks great! You are seriously tempting me of getting a greenhouse…

3 Likes

I was travelling for the last month and did not get a chance to take care of my figs. Figs in pots are not doing great but in ground figs are loaded with breba and main crop. My in ground figs did not get any winter protection and did not notice much winter damage. These pictures were taken today 06-15-22.

9 Likes

breba babies from negronne, yes a big harvest of one ripe (one that fell off)

here’s the trees so far. it’s been cold and wet.

Frankenfig
starts
the big boy
the two producers, with an absolute mess behind them please ignore my work disaster

4 Likes

My cavaliere main crop

10 Likes

6 Likes

12 Likes