Show Off Your Figs and "This year Harvest"

LDA 09-19-2019 Main Crop Zone 7A Ellicott City Maryland.

9 Likes

Marylane Seedless 09-16-2019 Main Crop Zone 7A Ellicott City Maryland.

10 Likes

18 Likes

Craven’s Craving figs are now ripe. Awesome as usual. I left one on to give it another day or two. See how ripe I like them. More coming too.

10 Likes

Black Jack 09-20-2019 (last pic) Main Crop Zone 9B San Jose, CA.

18 Likes

Caprified? Is this a brown turkey strain?

3 Likes

First year of growing figs, so my knowledge is limited :slight_smile: I don’t think this is caprified. My brown turkey planted in spring produced a couple of small figs with mild flavor and almost no seed crunch. Black Jack is a dwarf variety which produced jumbo figs with nice berry flavor and decent seed crunch.

5 Likes

That’s amazing! How was the taste?

3 Likes

I-258 09-23-2019 Main Crop Zone 7A Ellicott City Maryland.

Navid’s Unk. Dark Greek 09-23-2019 Main Crop Zone 7A Ellicott City Maryland.

Antonio Black 09-23-2019 Main Crop Zone 7A Ellicott City Maryland.

7 Likes

its quite good with mild berry flavor. Sweetness increases a lot with deficit irrigation. It ticks many boxes - good taste, productive, large sized figs and a dwarf tree with vigorous spreading growth. Can easily be tucked in tight spaces of the yard and pruned every year to maintain the size. Breba had a interesting melon flavor but the main crop (after deficit irrigation) was much sweeter.

4 Likes

Black Madeira KK, love it!

11 Likes

Martinenca Rimada 09-23-2019 Main Crop Zone 7A Ellicott City Maryland.

12 Likes

Preto, I waited many years to eat this one since my plant sat still for a long time. It was worth the wait!

Sweet Joy, a nice sugar fig.

11 Likes

Bass Favorite 09-27-2019 Main Crop Zone 7A Ellicott City Maryland

7 Likes

11 Likes

10 Likes

I agree with you this is my favorite fig this year. I had these today and wow :joy:
More dried and ugly they look will taste better.

Figo Preto 09-27-2019 Main Crop Zone 7A Ellicott City Maryland.

14 Likes

Wow those are nice looking figs. I can’t grow them any better in my GH. And I agree about Preto and it’s siblings. They are superb figs.

5 Likes

Cravens Craving most sought after fig and has a good size and very good quality.

Cravens Craving 09-27-2019 Main Crop Zone 7A Ellicott City Maryland.

11 Likes

11 Likes