Suggestions for Small battery powered sprayer

A couple of years ago I purchased a battery powered Jacto 2 gallon sprayer that I thought was a good tool until the battery went dead, The sprayer cost under $200 but a replacement battery will run about $100 plus special shipping costs. I really put very little use on it, but maybe it’s a time thing with the batteries, I wouldn’t know.

I’m thinking of buying a replacement but there’s not a lot out there besides back pack sprayers. For the spot spraying I use this for I prefer just carrying it in my hand. Any suggestions?

This has been working out well for me so far.
Help with Backpack sprayers - General Fruit Growing - Growing Fruit

3 Likes

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/P28320

Ryobi is always an affordable option.

2 Likes

Ryobi offers several size sprayers for their 18v platform, including a 2 gallon. Replacing the battery would be readily available and you’d be able to purchase a larger amperage hour battery if needed. They also offer a sprayer in their 40v platform, but that may only come in a 4 gal backpack.

3 Likes

I’ve been using a Ryobi (2 gallon) for a 3-4 years. I happen to have 2 batteries because I also have a chain saw. For both uses, it really helps to have more than one battery. The batteries have held up OK though the one that came with the saw is at least 10 years old and may be failing.

Power is adequate for dwarf trees (8-10’). It is borderline adequate for semi-dwarfs (~12-16’).

Care must be taken to clean and drain the sprayer after each use. I failed to follow this precaution one year and the metal parts corroded. I bought replacements on-line.

Of course, care must be taken not to get large particles (e.g., dirt) in the tank, which can clog the sprayer.

Honestly I don’t have enough experience to rate the product against others. All I’m saying is that it works well enough for me. It works very well for smaller trees such as dwarf apples; it’s just powerful enough to work with standard peaches (trained very open) and semi-dwarf apples/pears. It struggles to reach the tops of standard European plums and standard pears.

1 Like

@alan Inside that pack are 3 18650 lithium ion cells wired in the standard 3s1p configuration. you just need to solder the correct connector on and wrap it in electral plastic of electrical tape. $12 for the battery assembled and you can use your orginal connector. If you can figure out your connector I can link that tool.

12V - 25V US18650 VTC6 3000mAh 30amps for 12.6v screwdriver battery weld soldering strip 3S1P 12.6v battery pack (customize) (aliexpress.us)

even cheaper but you still have to change the connector
12V Battery 12.6V/11.1V 3500mAh 18650 3S1P Lithium-ion Battery Pack W/ BMS for Backup Power Ups CCTV Camerar Speaker Bluetooth - AliExpress

Can you take a close up of the battery connector and maybe a measurement or two in metric.

1 Like

I’m happy with my Black and Decker Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer.

The reason I got it in particular is all my battery operated tools are 20V B&D, so I have no shortage of batteries for everything now.

1 Like

Thank you folks, I just ordered a 2 gallon Ryobi sprayer and battery. I was thinking about going with lordkiwi’s source for a replacement battery, but I’m in kind of a hurry and I’m also not sure the battery is the only problem. I have a Rears handgun sprayer driven by a 4hp Honda motor, so this is just for spot spraying.

Really would love to get a good picture of that connector. I want to figure out what that connector is.