10 Likes

Nodding pink onion

Lupine

Foxglove

Pinky winky hydrangea

Can you spot the goldfinches eating the seed of this apple mint

11 Likes

Lovely esp. bright gold of marigolds.

Foxgloves love shade. Is your in partial shade? I don’t have such an area for it, unfortunately.

1 Like

Yep it’s hanging out in 3/4 shade. This one is pretty little and doesn’t take up too much space. I just love the spotted throat. And the bumble bee butts that stick out of it.

2 Likes

It took me all summer before my cannas started to bloom.

10 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

Love that orange canna and the foliage on it! What’s the variety? Does it come back year after year outdoor?

3 Likes

Looks like Tropicanna gold/bengal tiger. Cannas are winter hardy to 7b but a microclimate and mulch can help one zone push

1 Like

I think it’s Bengal Tiger cannas, too.

I have had cannas for 4-5 years now but bought new, more exciting varieties from Costco in the spring of 2018.

In my zone (and yours, too) we need to dig them up every fall and store them all winter long. I put them in peat moss in a large paper bags. (to prevent dry out), folded bags closed to prevent light exposure. Kept them in cool/cold (not freezing) for the winter.

I bring them out in ln May to plant them inground. This year, I brought them out quite late.

1 Like

Really enjoying these turtleheads. The bees have to work to get fed and it’s fun to watch.

6 Likes

Love the red lupine.If you get any seeds let me know?
Thank you!

2 Likes

Summer is almost here. So, it’s time to share pics of our flowers.

My Salvia.

8 Likes

My second Salvia, a slightly different purple.

7 Likes

My irises just started up. They’re a little late for the area, as the spot they’re in is slow to defrost in the spring.

9 Likes

This is my False Indigo blooming for the first time. I’ve had it for years but every year it became the victim of something. Nice to see it bloom at last.

This is dianthus, comes back every year for me. Nice and tidy no care flowers.

Catnip

10 Likes

Part of my home security system, thorny roses

Unknown peony

I ordered pastel splendor itoh peony but looks like I got bartzella. No complaints.

Amaryllis

Lemon

Allium

Rock garden with orange thyme, catmint, Shenandoah switchgrass and Coneflower that’s not blooming yet

11 Likes

@Susu
I think you have catmint. Catnip has white flowers, hasn’t it? Catmint smell awful. I am glad I planted them further away.

1 Like

@Katie_didnt_Z4b,
I would think my yellow peony was also bartzella but I am not sure. The center does not look quite like bartzelka. Also, petals of my are not that wrinkly or layered.

9 Likes