What did you eat today - that you grew?

First blackberry pick ever! Osage. Some not quite ripe, others amazingly sweet.

14 Likes

More Methley Plums and my first ever homegrown Apricot, an Alfred. I haven’t had a perfectly ripened Apricot in many years, it was absolutely delicious

17 Likes

Having keto fried young doe tenderloin for dinner tonight … with okra squash and tomatoes…all from the garden or harvested here on my land.

Illini blackberries for desert.

Love it when I put it all on the plate :wink:

12 Likes

I like to say I pick this much everyday, but I take what I can get. These berries do ripen up very quickly and there are still tons of green berries out there. This will temper my raspberry order for next year.

10 Likes

That’s a beautiful apricot!

2 Likes

For raspberries, (if you haven’t done this already) you can easily triple their harvest if you tip them on primary canes. It will delay the fruiting by a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Made a fabulous tomato sauce using my cherry tomatoes and bush tomatoes. Handfuls if basil.

2 Likes

@mrsg47 … add some onion garlic peppers heavy whipping cream for some very good creamy tomato basil soup.

1 Like

Look for a recipe called tomato soup Andalouse. Just posted the recipe in fruit from the garden. It is excellent.

2 Likes

@mrsg47 … yes that sounds very similar to what i make…

But… i prefer to roast my tomatoes onion garlic celery, etc in the oven… then make soup of roasted veggies and add the HWC and fresh basil near the end.

Good stuff…

2 Likes

This is an original recipe from Spain.

2 Likes

Methley plums!

12 Likes

First full ripe tomato, I picked the other ones while I was there.

7 Likes

Today I pulled some young garlic and roasted them with olive oil and Don’s Blackened seasoning.

The garlic didn’t grow well as I largely ignored them and we’ve had long stretched of dry weather. About 5 inches of the stem to small single paperless bulb is edible.

2 Likes

Flavor King Pluot .

18 Likes

My first two no spray Red Baron peaches and more Joan J raspberries. Even the peaches were covered in tulle and tin foil, some bugs did get in there, at least I can cut them out.
I will pick 2 more tomorrow, they are not as soft as these two, and I will make peach cobbler, looking forward to that and ice cream. I didn’t thin these peaches at all, 2 years in the ground, not too bad for my first crop, I have about 10 more out there, they are a little small.

7 Likes

PeachyKeen and Tesoro peaches and FlavorTop nectarine. The peak harvest is still 1-2 weeks away

13 Likes

Blushing Star peach ripe off the tree. Had to thin it twice in the last two weeks as I was afraid the huge fruit was going to break limbs.
Resizer_16897736999010
All gone! Very small pit as you can see.
Resizer_16897745162180

17 Likes

Saturn peaches are coming in. I did not expect them to be so early.

20 Likes

Similar to yours, currants, gooseberries, mulberry, raspberry, and plum.

19 Likes