What did you eat today - that you grew?

Quiche with home grown spinach, green onion, garlic and eggs. We’ll eat one this week and freeze one for winter.

5 Likes

been munching on some young rhubarb. :wink:

2 Likes

Collard Greens.

3 Likes

My fruit is still all green unripe :joy:

2 Likes

The one thing that has absolutely gone gangbusters in our cold + wet spring is the perennial arugula/wild rocket. For anyone who loves a good BLT, try one with perennial arugula instead of lettuce, I just had one. And with avocado added, of course. Maybe call it a BAAT? You’ll never go back! Can’t wait until the tomatoes start producing this year so the BAATs won’t be with bland store-bought tomatoes.

5 Likes

I ate my first apricot, it’s small but tasty. I also had 4 small Red Atomic Nectarines. Maybe not as sweet yet, I should wait, but decent.

2 Likes

Green onions on a poke bowl of fish from the harbor. Very simple compared to a lot of what’s here, but it’s so nice having some ingredients on hand rather than having to make a trip to the store. And then not having the 10x what you need forgotten in the back of your fridge for a month…

Can’t believe I’ve never grown green onions before, but it’s totally worth it for the convenience even if the flavor isn’t massively different.

8 Likes

Garriquettes strawberries! Really sweet!

3 Likes

Green onion, dill, huge plant from my compost, and rhubarb.

7 Likes

Strawberries… goumi berries… red raspberries.

Have some black rasp today that have changed from green to reddish purple… won’t be long now. Love the blacks.

3 Likes

A great year for radishes. Been pulling them out by the handful. French breakfast radishes are delicious fried with butter and salt. Roast the round ones and slice them up for salads.

11 Likes

I picked some blueberries, some black cherry tomatoes and my first sweat treat plueberry.

2 Likes

Ate these for lunch dessert just now…

Far left first loganberrys of the year… also in pic… first two blueberries of the year… a few red and black rasp.

My mystery black raspberry produces small fruit … mostly… but taste is very good.

I ate the tarter logans with some red and black rasp…

Mmmmm

Ps… CHE Fruit in background.

13 Likes

which variety 0n the blueberry?

I think maybe PATRIOT will have my first ripe ones.

1 Like

Patriot was bred in Maine but ive yet to put one in. mine are northcountry and northsky with some brunswick lowbush around them. wont get many this summer as our snowpack pruned half the branches off last winter. i should just replace them with honeyberry. they dont have this problem.

3 Likes

Climax … blueberry… I have two bushes… my oldest… early and very good.

1 Like

Actually surprise it’s maybe first.
Climax I first tried last year and liked it.
Some of mine are in pots in pretty heavy shade…so that can delay ripening.
I had Aurora in October one year.

Cucumber

5 Likes

Cherries! Lots of them The festival is on now!!!

5 Likes

What kind :grinning:

1 Like