What did you eat today - that you grew?

My daughter texted me this picture, she said her roommate loves this melon. Nice texture and not too sweet.

5 Likes

One of these fellows was my BLT tomato tonight.

8 Likes

I think the two hidden ones look the most tempting.

3 Likes

Visited my raspberry patch this morning for a nice breakfast treat.

11 Likes

My daughter gave her employee this melon, he said it’s nice. I’m happy, free stuff from my compost can be pretty good.

8 Likes

That looks like a grocery store canteloup :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The seeds probably came from the melons I bought from Smart and Final.

Che fruit. :yum:

7 Likes

7 Likes

Watermelon from my compost, it looks like they drop half on the floor or something(bruise on the right half), they said it tasted very good.

5 Likes

Lettuce salad with red red love odysso apple slices… :yum: :yum: :yum:

14 Likes

OK, so technically I did not eat these today. But soon.

These are Chinese chestnuts from a Qing seedling. It was planted in 2015. This is the second year with a good crop.

Interestingly, I have two trees that behave differently. One tree blooms and ripens ahead of the other. I was worried but apparently the overlap is sufficient for pollination. All of these nuts are from the more advanced tree. There’s a good crop on the other tree but it doesn’t seem quite ready yet. Also the husks on the other tree seem smaller in general so I’m expecting fewer nuts.

p.s. I’m sufficiently OCD to count the nuts. There are 285 from the one tree. I think that last year I got ~150 total from both trees, the first year with a good crop.

12 Likes

Wow, what a beautiful apple!

2 Likes

Thanks! :grin:

1 Like

Still getting some tomatoes… big beef and super sweet 100. The big beef are not so big now … the plants are near 9 ft long now (trained to 2 stems) but still producing and still very good tomatoes.

8 Likes

We have two chestnut trees too, and same as yours one would drop nuts earlier than the other. The trees were about 6-7 ft when we moved into our house 20 years ago. We get tons of nut every year

11 Likes

Nice! Do you know variety?

I’m not certain but I believe they’re Chinese chestnuts. We’ve collected about 4 of these baskets so far this year.

9 Likes

yum!

1 Like

Fabulous Pomegranate! Kinda ugly on the outside . . . but inside - gorgeous. Tastes much sweeter than Wonderful. Bottom Photo: Grabbed these before the storm, but no need, because those ‘suckers’ are attached to their branches so tight that you need a clipper to get them off!

@TNHunter Those are beautiful tomatoes for this late in the game!

10 Likes