What did you eat today - that you grew?

We’ve been really enjoying apples grown by @DennisD . Thanks again friend for sharing with us!

8 Likes

Cleaning up one bed so my husband can improve the drainage for my peonies.
This is what I picked for lunch, watercress and French Breakfast

4 Likes

Lemons, could be Myer, could be Lisbon, but I don’t really care, very fragrant and juicy, they are from my sister’s yard, I planted all her fruit trees. Going to give some of them away, my house and fridges are just loaded with fruit.

7 Likes

Top: Bosc, Comice, KG, and Shin Li.
Middle: Pie made with Ayers. Not very pretty, but tasted great.
Bottom: Ice Cream made from these was amazing.

8 Likes

Miyagawa Satsuma? …

10 Likes

if I grow the fruit and the deer eat the fruit and then I eat the deer, does that count?

@jrd51
Love this. We need all the humor we can get these days!

@Luisport
Luis, that Satsuma ‘whatever’ looks fabulous! And so does your Ariana. Was it sweet or tart?

@Robert
You made ice cream from the grapes? and BTW . . . that apple pie - YUM.

@Quint
Steve, I will try to remember to send you - or post - paintings I finish of my pomegranates. I’d love to see your mom’s work. If you can - message me some pics. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi! Ariana was good. I think i could wait more time but already was good…

1 Like

Yum!

1 Like

Yes!

They were muscadines and the ice cream was one of the best. The pie was pear. Ugly, but tasted great.

Using up the garden peppers i made this delicious fermented sliced pepper dish. Sliced, salted, pressed out water for several days then added garlic, oregano and olive oil. Keep stored in refrigerator.

6 Likes

Pomegranate Desertnyi

13 Likes

Never picked tomatoes this late in the season. These are from the last surviving plant. Unknown 2 inch tomatoes. 28f two days ago.

9 Likes

Had such a year here once…back in 1987. Garden tomatoes on Thanksgiving.
(After having a freeze in April that froze most things that spring.)

This is the last of the satsuma in one tree, I still have another satsuma but somehow the fruit in that tree is bigger and not thin skin like this variety. Maybe they sold me the wrong one.
I also picked some Algerian Fremont tangerine/mandarin, they are turning bright orange. This is a small tree but this is about 1/6 of what’s out there.

7 Likes

Our first Red Lime… it craked so it’s not much red…

6 Likes

9 Likes

I dried some Big Jim peppers I grew this past season and made a Texas Red chili yestetday. Today it was used to make a Cincinnati style chili that was extra good.

6 Likes

Mustard Spinach, free seed from Rareseeds.

7 Likes

That looks really good. Reminds me that my wife planted collards in August that are still in good shape.

1 Like