What did you eat today - that you grew?

I picked these Improved Myer Lemons from my sister’s yard yesterday. A bonanza of a year. I still have 2 lemon trees out there with over 100 lemons. Good thing I do drink lemon water every morning. No more baking with lemons. I’m tired of eating lemon squares, lol.

12 Likes

Jan 3… still having nice fresh leaf lettuce salads with dinner.

Going to plant more but but seeds have not arrived yet.

5 Likes

Jarrahdale pumpkin!

8 Likes

I want to grow Jarrahdale next year. They are expensive to buy here and taste delicious!

I forgot to post that I made some sweet potatoes the day before yesterday. Puerto Rican and Covington mix. I cut them in slices, put them in my IP with a cup of water and layered 1/2 cup of butter (sliced). I also sprinkled about 1/4 cup sugar on them. Everyone really enjoyed them. We have a lot of sweet potatoes left. I’d say about 350 pounds or so.

1 Like

I squeezed 4 lemons today, I used to marinate pork chops, they were delicious. Tomorrow I will have chicken with lemon butter.

1 Like

How do you like your Ohio treasures? Have you tried any other black rasps and how do they compare?

1 Like

Another 3/4 pint jar of raspberries from the freezer. I eat them with nuts and yogurt.

@Adamsmasherz … the OTBs have been ok… here in TN they produced a nice crop in June… and produced a bit more in the fall… but so far the fall crop has been sparse.

The first year i started them they produced some nice primocanes… which i was expecting to fruit that fall… but no fruit at all that first fall… then this year… a really nice june crop… but very little fall fruit.

I have one other black rasp… which was ordered as fall gold… but was a nursery mixup and some type of summer bearing black… it does not fruit in the fall at all. The fruit from it taste very good but average a bit smaller than the OTB.

I need more black raspberries… plan to add more soon. They are my fav… and make awesome jam.

9 Likes

Thats too bad, hopefully they will be better in future years but glad to hear the taste is good!

Made 2 glasses of fresh squeezed orange juice today, my husband is making me a proper American breakfast, sausage, egg, and bacon.
This is an improvement over last year when I only had one, this year I picked about 10 already, there’s still a green one out there.
Navel orange.

10 Likes

9 Likes

I had to pick my Lisbon lemons, 30-40% of this tree, I’m going to cut down this tree today, that’s why, it’s not like I need more lemons, maybe I will give some away. I also picked some Meiwa kumquat, they are not quite 100%, but I see evidence of something is eating my fruit, so I picked 80% of this tree.

Escarole, French breakfast radish, and snap peas, my salad for the day, it will go well with my Cuban sandwich today.

6 Likes

Dried oregano from my garden. A pot of chili is on, that’s one of the ingredients from one recipe. My house smells wonderful. I’m waiting to go outside to do more gardening, now that lunch is in the crockpot.

2 Likes

6 Likes

It rained hard yesterday so of course my watercress bed is doing really well.

4 Likes

More tatsoi, I need to clean this bed soon, prepping for tomatoes.

7 Likes

what does this taste like? im thinking of growing some.

1 Like

Similar to Bok Choi, but I like it better, maybe sweet and earthy as the link describes. I don’t taste the mustard at all because I don’t like mustard, doesn’t taste quite like spinach either, I think you have to cook this vegetable, can’t eat it raw, so I sauté mine. Eat with fish, grilled salmon is on the lunch menu.

1 Like

ive seen the nursery description. just wanted to hear it from someone that eaten it. ill grow some this summer. if i dont like it the chics, goats and rabbits will be happy to eat it. :wink:

1 Like

It depends on how you cook them. I stir fry them with teriyaki sauce, mushrooms, and carrots.

1 Like

No picture today but I picked some thyme and parsley for mushroom toast. All vegetables today, very little meat.

3 Likes