What fruits did you eat today?

Seckel pears. First year production. Sweet, smooth. A keeper.

14 Likes

Those are very nice looking figs, hope you donā€™t mind me asking what variety is it?

This variety is called Dalmatie. Not a rare fig but not often mentioned at least not that I notice.

1 Like

It looks amazing. How does it taste like?

Bought an Apple tasting box at the epicenter nursery. We have been trying 1-2 apples everyday

We liked Pomme Gris the best. I had high hopes for Hudsonā€™s Golden Gem but the texture was a bit dry. Rubaiyat was a surprise. I thought all the red-fleshed Apples were too tart but this one was very nice. Still, the Fujis I had at @Girlyā€™s place were a few steps above any of these apples.

15 Likes

Moon& star watermelon

And pawpaw

First time know what pawpaw tasted like. Thanks to JustPeachy who shared

11 Likes

AraƧas and sete capotes to juiceā€¦

10 Likes

Iā€™m super jealous, that looks divine! Was it comparable to the store bought?

1 Like

Handful of perpetua blueberries, yellow Ann, and one raspberry shortcake. First year with these plants.

8 Likes

Gissarskii Rozovyi pomegranates are really good, just the right balance of sweetness and acidity and an excellent flavor. Seeds are very soft.

16 Likes

Never seen these types of fruits before, very unusual

1 Like

I am lucky. Thank you so much Ben.

Elephant Heart plum, meaty, sweet and delish. They hung on a tree for a long time. A plum worth growing.

12 Likes

I like to grow rare fruitsā€¦ Our climate is great to grow sub-tropicals.

4 Likes

Where did you got your tree/scions from? I searched for it along with Crimson Crisp, but had no luck.

1 Like

@JeNeI From Raintree nursery. Theyā€™re sold to Washington residents only.

1 Like

Raspberries, but not from my garden. They were the best!

I canā€™t wait to taste them. I planted Elephant Heart last spring on top of my last born childā€™s placenta (the tree is basically an organ treeā€¦), so come next year, Iā€™ll allow it to set a couple of fruits if all goes well.

1 Like

I grew Pepino a few years ago. While they never reached the size of the spectacle you showed, it did produce a ton. A very late ripening fruit though and it does not taste much like anything. What was your experience flavor wise?

1 Like

So you just blend them up? Do you add anything to the mash? What temperature do you run them on and for how long? Trying to plan for next yearsā€™ harvest which Iā€™m hoping will be rather satisfying.