What fruits did you eat today?

Tried a rubinette first time it was very good eating off tree. My lone suncrisp had bird peck and was rotting so picked and tried other side. Way to tart. Tried a first karmijn de sonnaville to tart still early. Something stripped grapes and chewed on my lone Susquehanna paw paw. Looked at my drippen honey still not there.

4 Likes

Lots of jujubes. I can eat a lot in one sitting.

12 Likes

Also tried a king David. To early yet seed not quite black. This one might be a November apple for me.

5 Likes

My apples are running late this year in Tacoma.

Would love to be able to get some scionwood. I live in Europe.

1 Like

Tippy, your jujubes look so delicious. My mouth is watering

Annie,
I wish your lived near me.

1 Like

Living nearby and having chances to sample your fruits all season long is my wish too😂

2 Likes

Sorry I cannot give anyone scions. Its still on pattern copyright. Hopefully you understand. And the fruits will available for all over 80 countries very soon. @JeNeI.

1 Like

From the farmers market, I think it is a Charleston gray!

6 Likes

According the DWN, yesterday (Oct 10) was the start of the Giant Fuyu harvest window. I am in the same zone as DWN, so I tried one of my fruits even though it certainly doesn’t appear ripe. It was perfectly edible, sweet and crunchy, but definitely not up to its full potential. It doesn’t yet have the juicy, succulent quality that they do when fully ripe.

12 Likes

Beautiful! Make my mouth watering😋

1 Like

Clementines from Corsica! The best!

2 Likes

Our starking apples :yum:

2 Likes

Small container planted Violette de Bordeaux had one ripe fig out ahead of the main crop. Small tree (3’ diameter drop line tops) has a large amount of fruit (more than 20), not sure if it’ll ripen in time.

It’s the first I’ve had since buying the tree

7 Likes

do you grow any other asian persimmons? beside the gaint fuyu they sure are huge!

Yes I have Jiro, Maru, Chocolate, Coffeecake and Izu. Would love to grow more but where is the space?

2 Likes

Monardella, I’d love to see pictures of your fruit. Especially Izu and Jiro since I’m doubting the label on my Izu tree. I’m also growing Chocolate and Coffeecake. They have 1 fruit each. Both quite small on young trees.

1 Like

Tried my first cornus capitata / Himalayan strawberry tree from a friend’s trees.
Liked so much that I bought a tree from him.
Lots of pulp, big fruits. Taste is subjective but reminds me a banana like taste.

The tree I bought from him

11 Likes

I confess that I am envious… :wink:

1 Like