What fruits did you eat today?

Tamarillo… the first of the year

3 Likes

Arbutus unedo, Strawberry Tree:

10 Likes

I love them! I have to see if mine are already matured… :yum:

1 Like

This reminds me,that I should check some local trees.

2 Likes

For me, they have just barely started to ripen. Pretty tasty.

1 Like

The fruit looked very delicious but I read somewhere said it is not worth of eating. I would like to hear your description/comments of the strawberry tree fruit flavor

1 Like

They are very good! Very sweet… not juicy but more a sweet paste… the flavour is like persimmon.

1 Like

Well for years I ate them and they tasted like flavorless pulp. But starting about ten years ago, for some mysterious reason, they started tasting really good…tart and sweet. Maybe it’s global warming or just random luck. But like raspberries, if they get too ripe they seem to lose their flavor.

2 Likes

They nead hot temp at least here…

Bearss lime:

7 Likes

Mark, Louis, thanks for your inputs. I am updating my knowledge of the strawberry tree fruits

1 Like

A good friend here has a giant tree in her garden. The fruits look so good, but are always just left to drop. They are not really eaten here. Too bad. Will have to try one this fall!

1 Like

Jiro:

17 Likes

More clementines from Corsica!

3 Likes

My breakfast today…

10 Likes

Feijoa (landscape, not a named variety):

7 Likes

Feijoa me too. Freshly ripe. So good

11 Likes

More Jiro (OK I didn’t actually eat them today, but…)

8 Likes

We didn’t heat them today but will… :blush:

Buddha’s hand lemon, araça una, Australia bush cherry, fausterime finger lime and Inga vulpina.

5 Likes

Can’t get enough Clementines from Corsica. Waiting for the Mandarins from Spain and Italy. Love winter citrus! Les Agrumes

5 Likes