Where do you buy your mail order fruit trees from?

Where do you buy your mail order fruit trees from?

3 Likes

TOA, fedco, and Cummins typically. Had recent good purchase from roots to fruits as well.

3 Likes

Raintree nursery in WA.

3 Likes

Trees of Antiquity, Mehrabyan, Raintree, Cummins

3 Likes

Whitman Farms, Edible Landscaping, Burnt Ridge Nursery, One Green World and etsy.

3 Likes

starkbro

1 Like

Hi,
I hope this helps your question.

5 Likes

But are any of those true mail order? I’d say Singing tree is more mail order.

Unless it’s not coming via carrier (i.e. you’re picking it up locally) it’s “mail order” whether or not they’ve made ordering easy.

If you’re putting in a whole bunch of trees, like I was last year, Adams County Nursery is good, but there’s a five tree minimum. 11/12 trees I was happy with. Nectarine may have taken some cold damage over the Winter They’re all still alive this Spring, and grew well last year.

1 Like

Thanks for all the help!

1 Like

If you check out the reference section, there are a ton of baseline answers for stuff like this which others have given advice on. It seems like you are doing a great job of trying to get good information. Searching this forum I’ve found advice on most fruit related subjects to be more helpful than just about every other forum or interest group I’ve come across. Good luck with ordering and welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Starkbro’s flash sale in April or May with free shipping. Not all trees are equal, but all are still alive.

I’ve been pretty impressed with Jung Seed. Not a huge selection but they have some varieties that are particularly good for the midwest. Quality, caliper size and packing were excellent. Right up there with Trees of Antiquity and Wafler Nursery.

Not sure if Jung grows out trees themselves or drop ship from a bigger nursery. Really like what I got from them the last 2 years though.

Fedco, Cummings, St. Lawrence nursery, in that order.